Monday, December 31, 2007

The Last Day of 2007

I wanted it to snow when the kids were here for Christmas, but not one day did it snow. The day after they left just look what we have.
Lola enjoys playing in the snow.
Punkin caught a raccoon this morning.
Bob always plants sunflowers at the end of each row in the garden especially for the birds to enjoy during the winter months. We also have several bird feeders.

Bob dug some parsnips from the garden. He is going to have some for lunch today. I won't be having any. No, I have never tried them, but I'm quite sure I won't like them.

8 comments:

Lori said...

Now mom, is that fair? You should at least try the parsnips. You would always make us try stuff we didnt think we liked.

Were supposed to get snow tonight too. I guess it's better that we got home before the snow came.

junglemama said...

The poor racoon. :( I enjoyed the pictures, anyways. :)

Rachael said...

Mom, you're missing out. Parsnips are actually really good when cooked correctly.

We got snow too. It's better this way, because we didn't have to drive in it.

And...why'd you delete the Tony/Donna pictures? Did Tony find out you blogged on the sly?

Happy New Year!

Tina in CT said...

I was wondering the same thing as Rachel. I checked back in for a party update before heading up to bed.

My congested head, my dog and I are signing off.

Happy New Year! Your 2007 will be hard to top!

CATHY said...

How did you find time to blog so much when you had so much to do? You amaze me.

I got a new computer, a laptop. Now I can blog wherever I am.

Sissy

Natalie said...

does lola ever catch anything? I miss Punkin!

kim said...

Those of us in the south, who rarely get snow, really like to live vicariously through those of you up north. Great snow pictures!

Adoption Blog said...

You MUST at least try to eat parsnips once in your life or else you do not know what you are missing!!!

I didn't know what parsnips were until I met my British husband. The Brits eat them with any type of Roasts and usually with roasted potatoes.

They are delicious. Also parsnip soup is very good. I shall try to post a recipe of it on my blog.

Happy New Year to you all!

Sas in Luxembourg