Friday, December 21, 2007

I Almost Finished my Shopping

It is wild out there is shopping land. I had my shopping planned with a list in hand. And I almost finished, but I'll have to go back to get the perishable food and a few other items I couldn't find. Whew! I'm a little tired.

The groceries before they were put away. I put two bags of groceries away before I thought to take the picture.

Last Friday when I returned home from shopping Bob was taking a blueberry crunch out of the oven. And today he was taking an apple crisp out of the oven. I think maybe I should go shopping every Friday. This is working out good for me.

When my children were young I was always so busy that whenever I made an apple pie, I always left the peeling on the apples. It took too much time to peel the apples and my children thought that was the way homemade apple pies were suppose to be made. Whenever Bob makes apple pie, he peels the apples because in his opinion, the apples have to be peeled. Well, guess what? The apples in this apple crisp are not peeled. He said he was in a hurry. It will probably be extra good since the peeling is on the apples.

I couldn't resist taking this picture of the windowsill in my kitchen filled with my Christmas flowering plants.

Now I think I will go and relax and eat a little apple crisp with vanilla ice cream.

6 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Wow, a man that is a great cook and shovels snow!

That dessert looks so yummy.

Your flowering plants are beautiful.

Lori said...

Are you sure you got enough food, that doesn't look like enough to feed 20 people for 5 days.
The plants are pretty in the window.
I hope Bob makes some blueberry cruch when were all there. It sounds so good.

Shannon said...

As Roli used to say...

I'm hungry, Mother. Mother, I'm hungry. I really am.

Cecelia said...

I'm quite sure I have enough food for the whole week. I already have a bunch of food in the pantry. You know, my extra staircase we can't use because I've claimed it as a pantry. And, the freezer is full and I have two refrigerators full. If you go home hungry it won't be my fault. We're going to have all day lasagna and seven layer salad for Thursday lunch. I also have sticky sweet rice with mangoes planned for Friday night's dessert. I was going to have it for breakfast, but I thought it would be a good dessert when we have curry vegetables and tofu so we'll have pancakes with blueberries, peaches, and maple syrup for breakfast.

Natalie said...

people think im crazy about not likeing apple pie without the peels. It taste like baby food...textureless. Your groceries are so small, compared to when we were all living at home, Im surprised the amount impressed you. you must have been really tired! hope your christmas is good!

Francie said...

Can you put some 7-layer salad and all-day lasagna in a tupperware and send it back to me???
My mouth literaly dropped when I read that you were making those! I LOVE THOSE!!!
Miss you, mom, and love you... Merry Christmas!