Sunday, December 30, 2007

Just a Few Thoughts

Well, I'm sitting in my home office blogging again. The house seems so quiet now that the children and grandchildren have left. It was cute to hear Jack say that he wished I lived next door to them. With Rachael and Derrick busy packing, the children and I had a little visit and decided that mom (Rachael) and dad (Derrick) need to plan a trip that doesn't include the kids. That way grandma can come to Michigan so we can P-A-R-T-Y! Just grandma, Kristen, Katya, Jack, and Ben. When we told Rachael and Derrick our idea, they thought it was a great idea and said they would starting working on it. I sure am glad my new vacation days start January 1.

It was so hard for me to say good-bye to the kids this morning. I kept myself busy though, putting my house back together. It looks perfect! All the bed linens have been washed and the beds are made. Everything is dusted and the floors cleaned. It took them four days to rearrange my house. But it only took me a few hours to put everything back in its place. Bob helped!

7 comments:

Rachael said...

How does March sound? Derrick and I can go to Hawaii and you guys can P-A-R-T-Y. You were serious, right?

Tina in CT said...

I made a good sized dent with all I have to do before my daughter and granddaughters arrive Wed. night but have two full days ahead of more cleaning and finding places for "stuff". At least her room is cleaned and the fleece sheets are on her bed and all their Christmas gifts are wrapped. It's midnight and my dryer is still going.

Tina in CT said...

What a great idea for Bob to bake all those little gingerbread houses for the grandchildren to decorate. I'm sure they had a ball doing it (while eating some of the candy decorations). Now you have pretty decorations in your windows.

Cecelia said...

Of course I was serious. The kids and I will have a great time together PARTYING!

Cecelia said...

Tina, I'm glad you are making progress on your list of to-do's before your daughter arrives. I'm sure you will have anything done and ready for the big day! And, I have to let you in on a little secret. Bob doesn't bake gingerbread for the houses. He uses graham crackers. They work just fine, look cute, and the kids don't know the difference. We've been doing this for years.

Tina in CT said...

Thanks for the graham cracker secret.

I am behind on my work preparations for my daughter and granddaughters' visit. I've been weeding through lots of paperwork that was a necessary evil. Guess tomorrow it will be a big cleaning day.

Lori said...

Pretty soon, Todd and I will want to go on vacation and you can come and watch Anthony too.

I'm glad you got your house back in order, mine is a mess from christmas