Saturday, December 29, 2007

Saturday Night Activities!!

We continued our Christmas celebrations Saturday evening. Bob had made individual gingerbread houses for all the children to decorate. He made a few extras just in case a few of the adults wanted to decorate some too.







They also enjoyed sampling a few pieces of the candy. When we were all through decorating the houses, Jack asked for a zip-lock baggie and filled it with some of the leftover candy and then placed it in the top of his new sock hat which he then placed on his head and wore the rest of the evening. No one knew why he was wearing his sock hat in the house. And he wasn't telling. We discovered his secret when he went to bed.


The gingerbread houses look so cute and I'll enjoy looking at them and remembering the fun time we had decorating them together.

Next the adults played the white elephant game with each gift wrapped and placed in the middle of the living room floor we took turns drawing a number out of a basket. Number one went first selecting a wrapped gift and opening it. The person with number two could take number one's gift or select from a wrapped gift on the floor. We had a great time switching and opening the gifts. I had number nine and decided to open a package rather than take one that was already open. I got Eternity cologne for men and a $25 gift certificate to Cracker Barrel. I think I did quite well because I stop at every Cracker Barrel on my trips to Michigan. And I can share the gift with Bob. No, he doesn't get part of the Cracker Barrel gift certificate. I'll let him have the cologne.

These are the presents we could select from.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Jack is so silly, I was wondering why he was wearing that hat.
What a little stinker!

The gingerbread houses turned out cute, I wish I had made one, it looked fun at the time, but I think that was one of the rare moments that weekend that I was holding Anthony.

Texasholly said...

the houses are adorable. What fun!

Adoption Blog said...

These gingerbread houses are fabulous! I wish I knew how to make some.

You lot seem to have had lots of fun!

Sas

Rachael said...

I can't believe you had time to blog today. I figured it would take you all day to put your house back together after the shape we left it in!

We made it home in less than 10 hours, by the way, and now our house is trashed too!

CATHY said...

Hello, Ms. Teena again. I loved your Christmas. Can you adopt me. The ginger bread houses are adorable. Jack is smart. He will go far in life with his inventions.
lol Have a great 2008!!!!