Tuesday, December 4, 2007

What I Did On My Day Off!!

What to do? So many options. My decision was made. I took my pillow off my bed and grabbed a feather comforter and headed downstairs for the couch. Before I got settled, Bob called in from the back door that he was going in to town to pick-up an electric water bowl for the dogs. The one they had last year wasn't working, so the dogs water was frozen. Then he was going to go to the mall and buy a new cell phone and select a new contract. That did it. I was going too. I grabbed my coat, boots, mittens, and scarf (I left my sweats on because my coat is long and no one would know what I was wearing). Then I remembered that I couldn't get my laptop to download the pictures from my camera card. So I grabbed the laptop too so I could stop by Staples and have them check it out.

Before we left to do a few errands, Bob was cleaning out the garage so he could fit his truck in. Last winter both cars fit in the garage, but during the summer we accumulated a few too many treasures so only one car fit (mine of course). Bob brought in this cute little foot stool he had picked-up at a yard sale this past summer thinking that I might want to re-cover it since I had the day off.





I had picked up this fabric while I was in Michigan. I think the little foot stool looks pretty cute. The legs need to be refinished, but that can wait till later. I did try to touch them up with shoe polish.

The following Christmas pictures are the ones I couldn't seem to take off my camera card, so the man at Staples helped me. It was the same guy that helped me the last time (when I thought my computer crashed, only to find out I didn't have the right cord plugged in).

This is the Christmas tree Bob selected and decorated. We usually take turns decorating the Christmas tree and this year was my year, but I was too busy. Bob likes colored lights and his train running around the bottom of the tree. He hasn't had time to set-up his train, but I know it's coming soon.

I made this centerpiece for the dining room table with the lower branches that were cut off the tree.

The table runner is one I bought in Germany when we went on the Reformation Tour this past February. Natalie made the three little ornaments. I think they are so cute.

I love these beautiful stockings Rachael made for me.


I put candles and a little greenery in a few of the windows. Notice the snow on the outside of the window. I love the snow.

This morning when I left for work, Punkin didn't even come out of her house so I could pet her little head. She was toasty warm in her house on the porch.

Lola wasn't interested in coming out to say good-bye either. Tonight, she will not stop barking. When I go down to check it out, she stops. Now both Punkin and Lola are barking, so I'll go down to check it out. When I knocked on the window the dogs came running from the direction of the barn. I have no idea what they were barking at.


I took this picture looking through the front windsheild of the car as we drove home today.

My day is almost over, and I never did get to curl-up on the couch with my blanket and pillow.

10 comments:

Lori said...

Sounds like a good day! You probably don't mind the fact that you didn't get to lay on the couch and be lazy, but tomorrow when your busy at work and tired, you'll think to yourself, why didn't I just rest when I had the chance. At least that's how it always is for me.
Did the Staples guy remember you? What was wrong this time? Anything or nothing again?

Shannon said...

Thank goodness for Sabbath afternoon. No guilt to catch a short nap in the afternoon. It will be here soon enough and you will get your nap.

Did you find anything good at the mall?

Tina in CT said...

Beautiful tree, live green decorations and red Christmas stocking hanging on your mantle (which I also love). I envy your deep windowsills and know how rare they are. Your house is so cozy looking. I know how Rachel gets so much done in a day (and evening) as she comes by it from you.

Don't your dogs come inside? My little Dachshund is curled up on the down throw on the couch here in the den with me. She is outside a total of about 15 minutes a day in the winter from the times I let her outside. She's my hot water bottle in bed. I grew up always sleeping with a cat.

Rachael said...

Your house is looking Christmas beautiful and it looks like you make very good use of your day off too! We got snow yesterday too, jut enough to make everything look really pretty.

Anonymous said...

I WANT A SNOW DAY! We got a measly inch. But my kind neighbor took in my runnaway dog and shoveled my driveway, the other neighbor took out my mailbox stopping inches from my new car.

Cecelia said...

Lori,
I think the Staples guy remembered me especially when I reminded him about the last time I brought the wrong cord. There was nothing wrong this time either. I have no idea why I couldn't get it to work. I've done it many times. The Staples guy had another good laugh. At least I brought the right cord.

Cecelia said...

Shannon,

The only thing I bought at the mall was my new cell phone.

Cecelia said...

Tina,

My dogs are strictly outside dogs. My husband does not like animals in the house. The dogs seem to enjoy the snow and run around and roll in it and chase critters that aren't suppose to be on the property. They both have really thick fur. Punkin is part Husky and Lola is American Eskimo. Anyway, they are both very spoiled even though they live outside.

Tina in CT said...

Now I understand why they are outside dogs. They must love it once the fall comes and it gets cooler after the heat of summer. My girlfriend has a Samoyed and she loves to go out in the snow and lay belly down in it.

My little Dachshund would freeze to death outside as they really have no thick coat.

My ex soon adapted to having a little dog in bed. I'd grown up with always having a cat on my bed so when we got a Dachshund puppy, he started to sleep with us. Everyone I have ever met that owns a Doxie tells me that theirs shares their bed too.

Teen : } said...

Hello there Ms. Cecelia. Your family and home are soo beautiful. I see you still use your talents to the fullest. You are missed much. I'm glad to be able to see a little bit of your life after all these yrs. Tell Bob, Natalie, and Francie hello for me please. Michael say's he wants you to teach me to make the crescents from camping. He's raved about those...how long now? Must of been good. Love, Teen : }