Tuesday, December 4, 2007

No Work!

Winter has begun here in upstate New York. We have a winter storm warning and there is lots of snow and wind. I have a friend that I carpool with so she picked me up this morning. Fortunately her vehicle has 4-wheel drive because we needed it. Our normally 40-45 minutes trip took us an hour and thirty minutes. When we arrived, there was only one other person there who met us at the car and told us to go home. So, we turned around and came home.

Now, what do I do with an unexpected day off? I couldn't go shopping because (remember) the roads are too bad. I could wrap Christmas presents. I could go back to bed . . .

5 comments:

Tina in CT said...

You were already back home at 9:00 AM!!!!

Curl up with a book and enjoy the time for reading. Good for a snowy day.

Too bad they don't a number you can call to check to see if work is cancelled. We have that here where I work.

Rachael said...

Sounds kind of nice actually.

Rachael said...

Did you get paid though?

Lori said...

If you ever get back to work you will probably have a big pile of stuff to do, you seem to be off work more than at work lately.

Lucky you, at least today it wasn't your fault.

Shannon said...

Or, you could catch up on launry, or dusting or cleaning the bathroom. JUST KIDDING!

With as busy as you have been lately, you needed a day off. Hope it was productive and fun. If luck is on our side, then maybe it will just keep snowing and we will have another day off tommorow.