Thursday, December 13, 2007

Michigan or New York?

My vacation was suppose to start today and run through the first of the year. However, due to a very nice boss who needed my help today, I went into the office. But, the project still isn't completed, so I'll have to go in on Monday. The good news is that it started snowing this morning around 9:30 and I got to leave the office early due to the bad weather. It took me an hour and thirty minutes to get home. The roads were really bad. We're suppose to get some lake affect snow tonight. Right now we have about seven inches on top of a few inches left from the last snowfall.

You might be wondering why I'm not on my way to Michigan. My plans changed. My children and grandchildren are coming to visit me!! And I am so excited. It's probably a good thing I'm not on my way to Michigan, because I think I'm getting a cold. I've been sneezing all day and my nose won't quit running. I just need to get over this quick!!

For my cold treatment I think I will start with a hot cup of herbal tea and a little nap.

5 comments:

Francie said...

I hope you feel better! Too bad you can't come out, but I'm sure you all will have a lot of fun with the new baby!
I'll keep trying to figure out a way to get out there, if I can!

Rachael said...

I hope it's not snowing like that when we're driving out there! You guys have had a lot of snow already this year, sounds like.

Tina in CT said...

Are you getting the whole MI family for Christmas or after that? You must be so excited to see them all.

Natalie said...

hey, when is everyone going? Adams been saying he wants to see some BIG snow, he wants to drive out there with the jeep soon, this may be a good time. Oh guess what? I made something adorable for you, I cant wait to give it to you.

Cecelia said...

Tina, I don't get the Michigan kids until the day after Christmas. The New York kids are coming Christmas day and staying through the week-end. My California kids won't be coming this year, but maybe they'll be able to come next year. I'm so excited. As soon as I finish my Christmas shopping, I've got to figure out my menus, go to the grocery store and start cooking and baking. I like to have as much made ahead of time as possible so I can spend more time spoiling the grandkids!