Friday, December 7, 2007

I'm Waiting

Today my daughter, Lori, went to the hospital to have my grandson. I just received an update and she is making progress, but she is in quite a bit of pain right now. Hopefully it will go quickly and he'll make his appearance soon. I'm anxious to see this little guy and to learn his name. I wish I could be there with her. But, I know she is in good hands. Todd is there with her and her sister, Rachael, who is an OB/GYN doctor. But she is only there as the sister.
Here is a picture of Lori and I right after she was born. She weighed 9 lbs. and 4 oz. and perfect in every way.
Lori is the fourth child so I had lots of little helpers when I went home. Shannon and Ryan are sitting in the "famous" gold chair. Rachael is standing waiting patiently for her turn to hold her new little sister. There are five years between the oldest, Rachael, and the youngest, Lori. A few years later two more little girls joined the family.
I just got another phone call with an update on Lori. The pain level is much better now. She even took a little nap. I understand that Todd is the model supportive husband. He read the poster for fathers in the hallway of the hospital and he is doing everything it says. Asking her how she is doing, bringing her chocolate . . .
I'll add to this post as I receive info . . .

3 comments:

Shannon said...

At least someone is updating. I think Lori turned her phone off. Don't blame her.
That chair must have been hard to part with. What ever happened to it?

Cecelia said...

After 14 years of faithful service, the "famous" harvest gold rocking/recliner was put on the curb for pick-up in Bolingbrook, Illinois.

Lori said...

Someone probably still has that chair in thier living room. lol.

I'm so glad my baby wasn't as big a baby as I was. I don't think I could have handled it.

Shannon, No I did not turn my phone off, but it's a little hard to answer when your in labor. But my phone, Todd's phone, the room phone, Francie's phone (rach's battery was dead) and even the doctors phone was ringing non stop. It was driving me crazy. But I guess it's good to know people care and I would probably do the same thing. So I don't care that you all were calling, I just hope nobody is offended that we didn't answer often.