Friday, December 14, 2007

Bob Works I Shop

With Christmas just around the corner, I decided to go shopping for Christmas presents. With seventeen grandchildren with ages ranging from one week to 656 weeks (13 yrs old), seven girls and ten boys, I had a great time picking out something special for each one. I have just a few more items I want to pick-up which I plan to do tomorrow evening. It's suppose to start snowing again tomorrow evening and continue snowing all day Sunday. We could get from one to two feet of snow before it stops.

While I was out shopping today, Bob made himself useful around the house and threw all the wood into the basement and started stacking it. He told me he sure wish the kids had come again this year for Thanksgiving to help him. He enjoyed having their help last year. I think he is hinting to have Thanksgiving at our house next year.


He got a good start on stacking, but he has a lot more to stack. And, he has another load of wood ordered.

This is a picture of the wood waiting to be stacked.



When I walked through the door, arms full of shopping bags, the aroma was wonderful! Bob had made a blueberry crunch and he was just taking it out of the oven. On Friday evening we like to have a simple supper of popcorn and cobbler or blueberry crunch or fruit salad or apple dumplings. If we have friends or family over for dinner on Friday evening, we prepare a "real" meal.

Bob made popcorn and we sat down for dinner. It was delicious. The blueberry crunch was yummy! Bob used our maple syrup as the sweetener.


My paper white narcissus bulbs, Bob planted for me about six weeks ago, are blooming. He found the container in the barn last year. It's not a vase or pot for plants. I'm not sure what it is, but it sure is perfect for my holiday bulbs.

Aren't they beautiful?

10 comments:

Shannon said...

I bet you had a lot of fun shopping for all the kids. I think they are the best part of Christmas.
Did you make it to the Christmas Tree shop today?

CATHY said...

Thank you for the chocolate. Isn't that cute. Just go to pyzam.com, choose what you want and it will add it to your bog, there will be a selection on the left hand side, choose eblogger. I am having so much fun with my blog. I love it!
Sissy

Rachael said...

I wish I'd thought to grow some bulbs this year.

Natalie said...

why have a "real" meal when you could have the traditional friday night supper? Its soo much better! I miss brewers yeast...that makes me sound like a weirdo

Lori said...

When we come out there we can have a real meal and the cobble okay?

Cecelia said...

Natalie, Of course we had brewer's yeast on the popcorn. Is that weird? I thought it was normal!! At least for this family.

Cecelia said...

Cathy, When is Dore going to get her blog? I wanted to see and hear all about the party last weekend that I was invited to, but couldn't come. She didn't give me enought notice. A week and a half is not enough time to get a cheap ticket and fly to a party in California. I'm sure it was lots of fun.

Cecelia said...

Shannon, No I didn't make it to the Christmas Tree shop yet. I'll try to go on Monday. I hope they still have what we want.

Cecelia said...

Lori, Yes, we will have a "real meal" on Friday when you guys are here. And, we'll have Bob make something special for dessert. You'll need to let me know if you have anything in mind that you would to have on the menu while you are here. I'm going to try to fix a few things just for Todd. That'll be an experience to blog about.

Shannon said...

You are going to cook meat? WOW! I've always been afraid that I would poison the house and/or the family. Andy is actually glad that I don't even try. Lucky for me, and him. lol