Sunday, December 30, 2007

Two Unusual Gifts



Natalie wasn't able to come to New York this Christmas but she sent a gift for me with Lori. She made me the most beautiful ornaments for my Christmas tree.

She also made this Christmas tree candy dish.


Then on Friday I received another package sent by UPS from our children in California. When I opened the box there were several gifts. One of the gifts had my name on it and Deuteronomy 23:13. I couldn't figure out what this was all about, so we got out the Bible and read it. Most of the group couldn't figure out what the verse had to do with the gift and neither could I. But Bob was "dieing laughing". He was quite sure he knew what was in the package. And he was right! Again!!

I hope this doesn't mean that they aren't going to be taking my porta-potty next summer if we go camping again.

7 comments:

Francie said...

Mom! You've got to add the Bible verse with the picture!!!

Tina in CT said...

The ornaments that Natalie made are beautiful. I'm hoping she'll be making some for Rachel's Etsy store as I'd like to buy some of the white snowflakes for gifts for next Christmas.

Shannon said...

Better not loose it... Just in case.

Natalie, it was the part in the Bible where the Isrealites were instructed to go outside of camp and dig a hole for when they had to "go".

Shannon said...

Opps, sorry Francie, I thought it was Natalie who wanted Mom to leave the Bible verse.

Cecelia said...

Tina the pictures don't do justice to the beautiful ornaments. I do believe that she will be making some for the Esty store.

Tina in CT said...

I'll watch for them this coming year in Rachel's Etsy store. They are so beautiful.

~ V ~ said...

Natalie, those ornaments are gorgeous!

So glad you got our package, but I can't believe it didn't make it there until Friday! It should have made it there by Monday, Wednesday at the latest. Tsk, tsk. I refused to put my name on that package. It was Mike's idea, but he didn't want to put his name either. J and I bought it up in the big city the night we had to chain up. I sure hope it was worth it!