Sunday, December 23, 2007

No White Christmas!

This will be our fourth year in New York and the past three Christmases have not been white on Christmas day. With all the snow over the past two weeks, I was certain that this would be the year of my white Christmas. But today, the temperature rose to a high of 53 degrees and it has been raining all day, so all the snow on the ground has either melted or is a slushy mess. The weather reports looks good for travel on Wednesday and Sunday. I'm happy that my children will have good road conditions both ways.

3 comments:

Tina in CT said...

That's too bad that the snow has melted or is slush as the grandchildren would have so much fun playing outside in the snow. It was warm here in southern NE today and it started raining in the late afternoon but we still have plenty of white stuff on the ground so we'll still have a white Christmas. It would have been nice to have a coating of fresh snow though.

Have a wonderful holiday!

CATHY said...

The only white Christmas that I ever see is either on TV or in a magazine. We either have gray skies or sunshine out here in Cali. Today is gray skies, oh yea, and leaves all over the ground.
Have a great Christmas and tell all your kids hello for me.
I will miss my momma and daddy.

Lori said...

See you in a 3 days,
Merry Christmas!
You know what they say, if you have a green christmas, you get a white easter. Just a little something to look forward to;)