Tuesday, December 25, 2007

It was a Great Christmas Day

With the celebration over, our family are now on their way home and will return on Thursday morning to once again start another day of merriment. This was a wonderful Christmas with love, laughter, food, and presents!!
When my cousin, Tony, arrived and walked through the kitchen door, he was carrying a platter full of homemade goodies. He handed it to me and said, "Merry Christmas". He had made poppyseed hamantaschen, one of my absolute favorites, for me for Christmas. What a sweetheart. The funny thing about this is that I had made poppyseed hamantaschen special for him, because it is his absolute favorite. We both had a good laugh over this one.
Tony and I showing off our hamantaschen. Tony makes his much bigger than I do. Tony and I grew up together in Oklahoma City. He spent most of his adult life in California until Bob and I invited him to come to New York and help us remodel "this old house". He took us up on the offer and arrived in New York two and a half years ago. Shortly after he arrived, he met Donna and they got married a little over a year ago. It's great having Tony and Donna living close by.

We had twelve for Christmas dinner.



Look how tall little Ryan is. The children were so sweet. Gracie was grandma's girl most of the evening.

Hannah and Gracie sure enjoyed playing with their new baby dolls their mom and dad gave them for Christmas.

Grandma and Madeline.

Madeline is so cute. Shannon and Andy have to work this week (actually, Shannon is making-up clinicals for nursing school) so they are letting Madeline stay with us so she can play with her cousins that will be arriving tomorrow evening. She is going to help me do cooking tomorrow and maybe we'll do a little shopping too.

Bob helped with the dishes after dinner. We had to run two dishwasher loads.
Spending time with my children and grandchildren was the greatest Christmas present I could have received. I'm looking forward to the arrival of my children and grandchildren from Michigan tomorrow evening and the continuing Christmas celebrations.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Sorry, I just commented on this post in the wrong spot. (last one).

Lori said...

Glad you had a nice christmas, we did too. It was non-stop all day for us. Just now midnight and I am going to bed, just got baby to sleep. I plan on getting up early to finish packing and hopefully be on the road by 8am.

Tina in CT said...

Thinking how excited you and Bob are for the cars to roll in late today from MI. You both are probably cooking up a storm today. Have a wonderful week with them.

Shannon said...

You know what they say...

smart, er~ CRAZY minds think a like.

That is too funny that you and Tony gave each other the same christmas gift.