Saturday, December 15, 2007

I Missed Church Today

This cold I have is awful. I had all intentions of going to church today, but instead of feeling better, I feel worse. I asked Bob what I should do and of course he told me it was up to me. So I had to talk it out with myself.

If I felt like this on a work day, would I go to work? Answer: Yes, but I would go to my office and shut the door with a posted sign stating Sick Person Inside - enter at your own risk.

Are you still going to go out shopping tonight even though you aren't feeling well? Answer: Maybe, with the weather turning bad and predicted to last for several days, I'll need to finish so I can mail the presents in hopes of the kids receiving them for Christmas day present opening. And I'll make Bob go with me so he can drive, drop me off at the door, and then help carry all the bags to the car and return to pick me up at the door.

Would you want someone to come to church if they felt like you and spread all the misery? Answer: No.

So, I decided it would be best to stay home and get some rest and not expose others to my cold germs. I just took some medicine and I'm going back to bed to rest. Hopefully I'll feel much better in a few hours. I sure hope so.

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Hope you feel better soon.

Don't feel guilty, you probably need the rest.

Also, by noting this comment, you probably realize that I too missed church today. And I'm not sick. But, I am on call, so that's my excuse.

Lori said...

Hope your feeling better soon, I hate being sick. You are so spoiled by Bob. Giving you curb side service and all, I get that now but only because we have a baby and don't want him to get sick.

Tina in CT said...

Hope you're feeling better after resting today. It's awful to feel sick when there is so much hanging over one's head on a time crunch. Did you and your husband go out shopping?

Your paperwhites looks so pretty on your table. I have an amaryllis to plant but I always do it in January so I have it to enjoy during the cold months of Jan. and Feb. I always give quite a few of them for Christmas presents.

CATHY said...

Don't feel bad, I missed church too. But I have a real good excuse, we went to Lawren's house to babysit. You will have to read my blog to see how much fun we had.
Sissy