Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The First Day of 2008

I was busy all day. I didn't do anything too exciting, but I got a lot accomplished. It snowed during the night so I woke up to see beautiful snow covered ground. And during the day it snowed off and on. I had a few errands to run today. First to Staples to pick-up a DayMinder Calendar for Bob and one for me. Then over to Macy's to return Kristen and Katya's Christmas present and pick something else out for them. But before I left on my shopping excursion, Bob needed my help holding an old door he is going to use for our closets in our bedroom.

The door was a quarter inch to wide, so as Bob pushed it through the saw, I had to hold the other end of the door and keep it level.

The door fits in the space, but now Bob has to find some old hinges before he can hang it.


Bob found some old hinges out in the barn so the door is now on hinges.

Natalie asked me to make her Spritz Cookies. So I made them for her today and will put them in the mail tomorrow.

I had to sample one to make sure they were good enough to mail.

Then I decided that I should make lunch for Bob since it was now 3:30 in the afternoon and he hadn't had anything to eat since breakfast. I made homemade pizza, but I cheated on the crust, because I had one frozen in the basement freezer. For toppings, we like onions, green peppers, mushrooms, and black olives. I had a problem. There were no onions in the house. I would have to go to the root cellar to get an onion. I do not like to go into the root cellar. For one reason, there are no stairs and it is easy to fall remembering my experience last year when I was walking out to the car, Bob was waiting in the car, and I lost my balance when I walked down the stairs into the garage and fell over into the root cellar. Bob didn't see me fall, but realized I was taking a long time to get to the car, so he got out and called for me, "Cecelia, where are you?" I answered, "I'm in the root cellar." He replied, "What are you doing down there?" My reply, "Not much, just laying around." He rescued me and we were soon on our way.

I made it safely into the root cellar and back out.



The pizza turned out great and we enjoyed our lunch/dinner meal while we watched a little TV.

6 comments:

CATHY said...

I would like some snickerdoodles mailed to me. I keep telling you that I accept care packages. I have a new laptop computer but am having a terrible time getting connected to the internet. I am using it as i type but don't have pictures loaded so I can work on my blog.
Well, back to work tomorrow. It was fun while it lasted.
I am going to go on my other computer and work on my blog.
What is Natalie's new blog address?

Tina in CT said...

Spritz cookies are my holiday tradition but I was too busy knitting and sewing gifts for this Christmas and did not have time to make my cream cheese spritz cookies. I have an old cookie press that you have to turn the crank and my arm gets so sore. What is the brand of your cookie press and do you like it?

When Tamara was in Spain for fall term and taking the train north via Sweden to Moscow to visit friends, I sent a Christmas package to her. In it, I had carefully packed my cream cheese green spritz cookies. I wrapped each one individually in was paper and had the layers separated by wax paper. The whole tin was lined with wax paper too. She took them with her in her suitcase to share with her Moscovite friends. I'm sure Natalie will appreciate your tasty gift.

Rachael said...

One? Really, you just tasted one?

That root cellar sounds dangerous.

Shannon said...

You are so lucky to finally have new closet doors. Well, I say new...
I bet it will look so nice once they are painted.

I love your spritz cookies too!

Lori said...

If there is no stairs to the root cellar, how do you get in there? Just jump?
Bob is so creative, who would have thought to shave down a door to make it fit? And then look for old hinges in the barn. Now he just needs to paint the door.

Happy New Years!

Natalie said...

oh I cant wait!! I was just thinking about those cookies, check out my latest entry and you'll know why i need those cookies so bad. I havent gotten a good home made sugar fix in a long time.