Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Prettiest Baby Doll

This morning when I was at church, Erika came running up to me to show me her new baby doll and give me a hug. She is such a sweet little girl and I can always count on a hug from her. She received this doll from her uncle for Christmas. He buys a cheap $16 doll and takes it apart and remakes it. He paints the face, removes the eyes and replaces them with life-like eyes, adds eyelashes and eyebrows, paints the arms, legs, etc. even the toenails and fingernails are real looking. He then sands the plastic hair that was painted on the doll and replaces it with hair that looks like real baby hair. You can even see faint little veins on the arms and legs. He makes a new cloth body and stuffs it so that when you hold it, it even feels like a newborn baby.


He puts a magnet behind the lips of the baby and cuts the nipple off the pacifier replacing it with a magnet.

You're not going to believe what this guy does for a living. He's a welder.

3 comments:

Rachael said...

It looks a little freakish to me. Perhaps a little too real, oddly. I'm sure it's cuter in person. How sweet of him to go to all that work.

Tina in CT said...

How did he get into doing dolls over?

Lori said...

the picture with the pacifier looks very real.