Sunday, January 13, 2008

Keeping Busy

I always have more on my agenda to do on my days off than I could possibly ever get done, even if there were two of me, and this weekend was no exception.

I've started cleaning drawers and cabinets. Just one a day. So far I'm doing pretty well. It doesn't take very much time, and I'm soon off to other things.

I have my seasonal paper napkins located in one place now and all my paper plates, bowls, and cups are located in the large drawer below the napkins. I wish I'd been this organized when the kids were here for Christmas.

Bob continues his working on the closets in the master bedroom and has removed the drapes, which now occupy the bed, and is preparing the woodwork, filling nail holes, sanding, etc. so he can begin painting. Other items and objects have been temporarily relocated to other rooms. For the time being, Bob and I will occupy one of the guest rooms.



Bob removes the drapes from the windows.


The drapes now lay resting for a few days.


Some of the top molding has to be replaced on the baseboard.

Bob decided that he should clean-out the chimney flue today and that involved me. That was not on my agenda for the weekend, but I went to the dungeon, I mean basement, to give him a hand.


It was full of creosote.


A whole bucket full of creosote. It's a good thing we cleaned it out. Now we're ready to start the wood stove back up. We're going to need it this week. It's suppose to start snowing tonight and continue all week. The temperatures will be dropping to the teens.

I had a really fun time making this little doll this weekend. I drew the face on the fabric and then embroidered it. I'll let you know later this week who I made this little doll for. I don't want to spoil any of the fun for the recipient.



I'm still trying to find the top of my desk at work after two weeks of vacation. Hopefully this week will go better than last week and I won't be too tired, when I get home, to blog.

4 comments:

Lori said...

I wish I had time/energy to organize all my drawers, I guess it wouldn't be so bad if I did one a day. That's a good idea.
Maybe if it snows a lot you'll get to take another snow day and catch up on some sleep.
The little doll is very cute, I'm curious who its for now.

Rachael said...

Yes, who's the doll for?

You guys and your coal stove and with your hand-stitching and all remind me of Little House on the Prairie.

Tina in CT said...

That rag doll and dress are just adorable! You got a lot done yesterday.

Good that the chimney pipes were cleaned out with all the creosote that Bob took out.

I used to have drawers that were organized like that. Sigh!

I'm waiting to be plowed as we have about 6 inches of heavy, sticky snow. Guess I won't go to work until then. I have shoveled my walk, deck, steps and cleared off the car but I don't shovel the driveway.

Tina in CT said...

After reading your blog, I dug in today. After shoveling this early morning, I waited to be plowed out. Since it wasn't first thing, I decided to just take a PTO day and stay home. I've spent the day sorting, putting things away, clearing out things in my daughter's room since she and the girls flew back to Moscow on the tenth. Now I'm heading into the walk-in storage and do more of the same. It feels good to have some of it done. Your blog was inspirational.