Friday, January 25, 2008

Finished

The master bedroom is finally finished. Here are a few pictures.

When we bought our old house, there were no closets in any of the rooms. I'm so thankful that Bob was able to make two closets in our bedroom. He had to re-make the doors that he purchased at a second-hand shop so they would fit which took a lot of patience and work from both of us. The trim around the doors, the doors and doors knobs all match the rest of the doors in the house. And I don't have blue woodwork. All the woodwork is painted white. The Christmas cactus you see between the closets was in the house when we bought it. However, it was included in an auction before our loan closed, but we attended it and purchased a few items including the Christmas cactus.

Notice our sad looking lemon tree on the left. It looks like it is dying, but it did the same thing last year at this time. In a few weeks it will have new leaves and start blossoming.

I think I better take another look at those pictures above the bed. They looked off-centered.

This sideboard isn't really bedroom furniture, but I don't have any other place to put it, and I just love it. Bob bought it at an auction for me when we lived in California. I keep my table cloths and runners and lace doilies in it. The two ceramic dolls on the top left I purchased in Germany last year.

Bob has finished the little girl's room and is now working on the boy's room. He's hoping to finish this weekend. Then there will only be one more bedroom to paint upstairs, and then the inside of the original old house will be completed!!
Bob is making a narrow closet in the boy's room to hold puzzles and games. This is where there was a door to go from one room to another room. Bob put drywall on the wall in the larger bedroom and left the door on the side in the boy's room. It is a very narrow closet, but will serve a much needed storage dilemma.
The double bed was moved to the center of the boy's room and other furniture stacked on top. I'm hoping to get the girl's and boy's room put together soon as soon as Bob finishes the painting.

4 comments:

Tina in CT said...

It looks like it could be in a Country Living magazine. I love all your antiques. You both have a gift. Enjoy your new master bedroom.

Shannon said...

Those pictures looked off center to me and then I realized you noticed they were off too. I thought maybe it was the camera angle until I read that you were going to adjust them. Ha.

Rachael said...

I'm still confused about which room is which. Is the little boys room the one with the two beds behind the little girls room? It's not terribly boyish. I guess that's why I'm confused. Maybe you're not done though...

Your closet doors look great!

Cecelia said...

Yes, you are right about the room not looking much like a boy's room, but it's the best I can do. There are marbles on the shelf. Maybe I should do it in a train or lighthouse theme. I'm better at girl stuff.