Sunday, January 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Kristen

A very special Happy Birthday to my beautiful granddaughter, Kristen. You bring joy to my life and I'm so very proud of you. I hope you have lots of fun today. I miss you and love you and I pray for you each day.

My sweet, beautiful, baby Kristen.

Visiting grandma's house in California and playing grandpa's old piano.

Playing dress-up at grandma's house.

Helping grandma sew.

Planting silk flowers when we were at auntie Francie's high school graduation in Washington.

When you came to visit for a few days, you and Punkin made a deal. You would let her play with your ball if she would let you play in her dog house.

When we went to New York together to visit auntie Lisa, uncle Ryan, and your cousins, we made cookies.

While we were visiting in New York, you also learned how to ride a bicycle all by yourself.

Just grandma and Kristen.

Remember when we borrowed auntie Lori's car and went from Michigan to New York by way of Canada, and we had trouble getting across the border, both ways? When the lady asked you questions, you answered them and then asked, "Is this some kinda joke or something?" "Of course this is my grandma and we're going to visit my cousins in New York."

Remember when we went to camp meeting and you found a turtle and toad before we left and grandpa found an old aquarium in the barn and you took them in the aquarium to camp meeting? Remember you taught Toadie how to play dead and how to jump over your finger? We had such a fun time together.

I have so many fond memories of times we have spent together. You'll always be my girl. Happy Birthday.

I love you,

Grandma

3 comments:

Lori said...

Kristen was such a cute little girl. I love the picture of her in the dog house. That is too cute.

Rachael said...

She was/is pretty cute, huh.

We showed her your post, and she loved it. She was going to leave you a comment, but got distracted by all the birthday party goings on here. I'll post later about her birthday.

Scoobers said...

What a sweet post :)