Friday, January 4, 2008

I Can't Do It!

I just can't delete minutes and miles from my walking each day. So I'm back to my old routine. I think if I had cable TV so I could watch a few home improvement, decorating, or food programs I wouldn't find it so boring. The only usable TV we have in this house is a small portable bunny eared yard sale find. When I get home from work I haul it upstairs, set it on my antique dropleaf table and turn it on. There just isn't anything worth watching, in my opinion. I try to watch the national news during my exercise walk on the treadmill followed by Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, or Who Wants to be a Millionaire. They all three come on at the same time, so I try to rotate them. Then I'm ready to move on to other projects for the evening. In the morning, Bob hauls the TV down to the kitchen so he can watch the news and weather while he fixes breakfast.

Back to my 2 1/2 to 3 mile walks.


Yep, this is the TV we have.

I am doing quite well, so far, on sorting through my many boxes of pictures.

These are the boxes I have to go through and sort.



I have some of the pictures in piles on the floor in my office.




This table is handy to sort and make more piles of pictures.

4 comments:

CATHY said...

You can watch movies and other programs from your laptop. That's if you have a router on your computer. I watched a movie today on mine, guess what it was? The Amish: A People of Preservation. I am a member of netflix, so I get so many free hours.

Tina in CT said...

You need the Creative Memories box with all the compartments for hour sorting.

Natalie said...

mom, you need a new tv! that one is so very tiny, in 2009 you won't even be able to use that TV now that they are changing all the networks to digital. So you should invest in a good TV sooner or later.

Lori said...

maybe you could get some DVDs and watch a movie while your exercising. I noticed that room has a dvd player in it.