Wednesday, August 13, 2008

You're not going to believe what I did last night . . .

Last night after the meeting, Bob and I along with several other people were standing around the fireplace at the lodge visiting. The conversation was pretty boring, so I decided to go back to our room and get ready for bed. As I walked around the porch to the door, sleeping on a cot next to the door on the porch is the associate superintendent of schools (there weren't enough rooms or beds, so she brought her cot to sleep on the porch). She asked me if I would please turn off the lights in the room just inside the door which I agreed to do. I walked across the room and turned off the lights and then realized the lights were also on in the hallway so I closed the door. When I turned back around to find my room, it was so dark I couldn't see anything. Then I began to worry that Bob would forget that Kim was sleeping on the porch next to the door and would stumble, fall, disturb Kim, etc. So I decided to go back over to the lodge and wait for Bob. First I had to find the door. I started walking in the direction of the door with my hands out so I wouldn't run into it. I found the door and then had to locate the knob. I thought the knob was on the left so I tried to locate it. Must not be on the left so I began feeling the door on the right. I found the knob, turned it and gave a big push. I had a big surprise on the other side of the door. I had opened the door to some one's room and they were in bed. Their little boy was standing by the door and said, "See, mom! I told you someone was trying to get in our room." I closed the door and went to my room. I figured Bob could find his own way back to the room. I had caused enough trouble all by myself.

8 comments:

Francie said...

You're so funny!

CATHY said...

You crack me up. I can just see you doing that too. You better be careful before they boot you out of the place. Or, you could just tell them that you sleep walk. Just a little fib...you know how I tend to fib at times.

Tina in CT said...

I'm sitting here trying to subdue a laugh. Oh my goodness, how awful for you (and them). Did Bob find his way back to the room without any mishaps last night?

Rachael said...

It could have been worse!

Dore' said...

LOL! Oh, Sorry!
So.. did you ever find your way out?

Tina in CT said...

Have a wonderful celebration tomorrow and Saturday for Shannon's graduation/capping! I'll be thinking of all of you.

Julie said...

That was so funny I was laughing out loud....I like the little fib bit of advise. Have a great weekend with your girls. We will miss Natalie.

Lori said...

Oh mom, that's something I would do! Now I know where I get it from. (as if I didn't already)