Monday, August 18, 2008

Gracie

Gracie is at a really cute age right now. She is talking a lot and says the funniest things. She is a very opinionated little girl and knows what she wants and doesn't want. She calls me gaa-ma.

Wednesday evening, Lisa had gone down into the basement to switch the washer and dryer. Gracie has never ventured to want to go into the basement, but I guess she changed her mind - she fell from the top of the basement stairs to the bottom landing on the cement slab and stopping when her head hit a cardboard box filled with empty jars. She is O.K., but she has a boo-boo on her lip as you can see in this picture.


Ryan and Lisa took Gracie and Hannah out in the boat to make sure it was running O.K. before they leave on vacation for a few days. This was Gracie's first time in the boat and she was scared to death. She cried and clung to Lisa. When I came home from work I asked her about her boat ride and it went something like this -
Gracie, did you like the boat ride?
"yes"
Was it fun?
"yes"
Was it awesome?
"yes"
Do you want to go again?
"NO!"
She would answer these questions time after time. Same answers. It was a definite "NO" to going in the boat again.

Gracie loves corn on the cob.

7 comments:

Tina in CT said...

What a cute blog. Wonder how Gracie will like boating on their family vacation? Wish them a good week's vacation from me.

Shannon said...

That's my Girl! Gracie reminds me of me.

That is so sad to hear she fell down the stairs. Poor baby.

I hope she gets over the boating issue. Otherwise, it is going to be a very long week for her (and everyone else).

Natalie said...

I have her saying that on video, I should post it.

Francie said...

Yeah, I think we heard that conversation about 10 times this last weekend!

Rachael said...

She's so cute. What are they going to do on vacation if Gracie won't go in the boat?

Lori said...

Poor Gracie, she is lucky she escaped the fall with just a fat lip.
That's pretty cute about the boat!

Tina in CT said...

Remind me to bring the few things that I have left here that the girls have outgrown for G & H when we next meet.