Thursday, August 14, 2008

Thank you to my friends

When I arrived home Thursday evening from our trip to Camp Cherokee for the pastors' family retreat, there was a pile of mail. Most of which needed filing. That's file thirteen. There were a few bills, which I would like to file in file thirteen. However, there was a small padded manila envelope addressed to me from my friends in Connecticut. I quickly put my filing mail to the side and took my manila envelope to the living room so I could sit down and enjoy every second - from the opening to the surprise that awaited me inside. It wasn't my birthday, anniversary, special occasion, etc. I couldn't think of any reason I should be the recipient of this package but I was very excited to have received it. I feel so undeserving of such beautiful and thoughtful gifts, but the time spent in making them extends love that cannot be measured.
Tina made this adorable picture album with pictures from the visit she and Diane made to my house last spring. Oh, and it is so cute. I'm taking it to work to show it off next week. Of course, it's not going to stay there. I'm bringing it back home to be placed in it's permanent home on the library table in my entry.
Diane hand wove this dish towel and knitted the dish rag. I wish you could see the weave. It is perfect. She must have spent not just hours, but months making this. The colors are perfect in my kitchen and I immediately placed it in it's permanent place, never to be used - only admired.
Tucked inside the envelope was also a bunny book for Hannah and Gracie which they loved. They insisted on having it read to them before going to bed. Then they took it to bed with them.
Thank you so much, Tina and Diane, for the love you packaged and sent through the mail. You made my day and I'm looking forward to you coming soon for our "life on the farm" weekend. I think we're going to have a lot of fun. Rachael says I disguise "work" as "fun".
Thank you, thank you, thank you, . . . you're my two favorite friends from Connecticut.

1 comment:

Tina in CT said...

What a nice surprise when I clicked on your blog just now. We had lots of fun making your gifts. It is a lot of fun making something by hand for someone that values the love, time and friendship that is put into a handmade gift. The mini scrapbook, towel and dish cloth will be perfect in their new "homes". The dish cloth and towel look perfect on the rolling pin shelf. I'll print this out for Diane to see.

The colors are perfect for your kitchen too.

Liesel is under my computer chair chewing on something. Hope it's not the legs of the chair. Wonder when she'll stop this chewing?????

We can't wait to come visit you again. We'll bring some scrapping to do in the evening too.

It still amazes me the path that led to our friendship in a little over a year.