Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Barn Cats

Just to update everyone on the status of our five cats that now are living in the barn. They have an automatic food and water dispenser. So I don't have to go out and feed them which I'm very thankful for, because I'm scared to death to go out into the smaller barn. It's scary!!! Just opening the door can be an adventure. But a lot of the floor is missing and if you miss a board you'll end up in the basement of the barn which is even scarier and then there is all kinds of stuff in there that was left from the previous owners not to mention we added some of our own. And I'm just certain that other four legged critters live in there too.

Also, Checotah doesn't like cats and I didn't want to have five wild cats and three wild dogs chasing each other. Punkin and Lola don't mind the cats but when there's excitement going on they don't want to be left out. I could just vision in my mind the cats fleeing (flying) from the dogs to the rafters and the dogs trying to reach them by jumping against something that then falls and crashes something else and then another entrance to the basement of the barn is created with three dogs landing in the basement and me on top of them. Not a pretty picture.

The cats are surviving and doing just fine as of 8:45 a.m. this morning.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Walter loves cats. He would be friends with your cats before he noticed you had dogs too! You have a minagery of animals...hmmm, wonder where I get that from?

Tina in CT said...

From what you wrote, I wouldn't want to go in there either. I take it the cats can get in and out of the barn or are they in there all the time? Bet they find lots of little critters to hunt. I would not want to go in there either after reading your description.