Sunday, August 3, 2008

Homemade Butter

This morning Matthew decided to try and make some homemade butter by scooping the cream off the top of the milk that we brought home from the farm.


Matthew used a glass measuring cup and the hand electric mixer with only one beater and whipped the cream that he had scooped off the top of the milk.



It soon made butter. He added a little salt and mixed it in. The liquid that was left in the bowl he poured into a glass and drank "sweet buttermilk" . He said it was delicious!


Matthew is spreading his homemade butter on a piece of warm bread. I made eight loaves of bread this morning. I even tried the butter on a slice of bread. It was delicious!!!

Matthew is outside now picking green beans, little Ryan is mowing the grass, and Gracie and Hannah are drawing pictures. And, I need to get busy and stop blogging.

6 comments:

Shannon said...

That Matt is something else. He is so creative in the kitchen and most of the stuff he tries is very good.

Is Gracie going to be a lefty? That last picture of her is so cute. I can't believe how well she holds her marker.

Tina in CT said...

The girls finished off the last of the homemade maple syrup this morning on pancakes that I'd made. They have Loved it! Thank you so much!

Teen : } said...

Could you please just adopt me. :pleeeeeeeeeeease. I help you with the many "trash to treasure" projects you have.

CATHY said...

Homemade butter. I remember, as a kid, going out to help my dad milk the cow. Afterwards, we would bring the milk in, skim the cream off the top and make either, butter, cheese or whip cream. I think the whip cream was my favorite.
Delicious!
No wonder I have a weight problem:(

Anonymous said...

I never had a farm or butter to make. No fair.

Lori said...

Matt should be a chef, he seems to like cooking and is pretty smart too. Who knew how to make butter?

When all those kids move out your going to be so sad.