Friday, August 22, 2008

They're in town . . .

Bob and I were working on the house in Geneva today. Shannon called and suggested that we all go over and check out the Extreme Makeover house that is being built in town. It sounded good to us, so after lunch Shannon and Madeline came over and we headed to town to take a look. We weren't allowed to drive in, but we found a parking place and walked about three blocks to the site. On our walk, we met five people carrying decorative pillows and bolts of fabric. I think they must have been the ones that were going to be sewing the drapes, etc. The fabric was beautiful. Bright and cheery. I should have taken a picture, but I didn't think about it until after they were already out of site.


Here are some of the trailers that were parked in a nearby vacant parking lot.


This is the house they are building. It's hard to imagine that this house will be completely finished inside and out including the landscaping by Monday afternoon.




These two guys were taking a little break.


This is the house next door. I heard from one of the on-lookers that the neighbors houses on each side will be getting a new roof and landscaping from the design team also.


These guys were good sports to pose with us for a picture.


We didn't see any of the stars of the show, but I did buy two pairs of shoes from a local shoe store and the sales lady told me that Ty Pennington had come in earlier in the week and purchased a pair of boots and flip-flops. I think it would be fun to be there on Monday to see the finished house and the filming of the show. But, I have to work - so I'll just watch it on television. I'm not sure when it will air.

8 comments:

Francie said...

That's so funny that she told you what he bought... I'm sure I would have done the same thing, but to that guy, I bet he didn't realize that buying a pair of boots and flip flops would be such news! You should have Shannon or someone take more pictures!!!

Lori said...

You are so funny, be sure and let me know when the show airs, I want to watch it.

I didn't even know you knew who Ty Pennington was.

Rachael said...

Pretty cool.

Too bad those guys can't just come over for a few hours and help you finish up the house you're working on!

Natalie said...

That's pretty exciting! I think Lindsay helped with that shoe once when they were in her town. It was a long time ago, I don't remember the story. That's pretty exciting though.

Tina in CT said...

That must have been fun. Shannon needs to go back Sat., Sun. and Mon. to take update pictures. When you find out when the show will air, please let me know as I'd love to watch it. Do you know the story of the family? That is amazing how they do all that work within a week.

You look like Madeline's mother and not her grandmother.

VJ said...

Extreme Makeover was in our town exactly a year ago. I got to work on the house, move in furniture,(even see Ty's secret room), take part in a couple TV shots, and I even got Ty's autograph! (For my son of course.) It was an awesome experience; one I will treasure for a long time.

Yes, I do have one of those famous blue shirts.

CATHY said...

I think they are planning to come to my area this year. I watch that show as much as time allows me too.I tend to cry at the end of every episode. It just touches my heart when I see the people's reaction. I don't understand how Ty can not get emotional at times?

Tina in CT said...

We need pictures of the finished house/yard.