Friday, May 2, 2008

We're in Michigan!

My usual twelve hour drive from New York to Michigan only took ten hours. My secret - Bob went with me and did most of the driving. We're staying with Lori and Todd. When we we were getting ready to go to bed, I told Todd that I hoped it wouldn't be too much trouble with us staying with them. He chuckled and said, "If I don't have to get up at night and rock you to sleep, you won't be any trouble for me."


Look how big Anthony has grown. He is so cute. He laughs and smiles most of the time.


Grandpa and Anthony had a good time visiting together.

Rachael and the girls came over to Lori and Todd's for supper.
Katya loves Brewster

Lori fed anthony cereal for the first time. He loved it. After she fed him cereal, he took a nap for three hours. She's hoping that feeding him right before bedtime will make for a longer sleeping time. We'll see!!

He did a really good job eating.



Derrick brought Ben over after he dropped the kids off at school to spend time with us. It was so sad that Jack was sick today. We're all hoping none of us get sick from him. Poor Jack. He told his dad that this was the worst day of his life. He had to go back home with his dad. Ben had a fun time being cooker-man with grandpa.


They made peach cobbler.


Cinnamon Twirls made from left-over pie crust.

Eight loaves of bread.



We all managed to eat almost one loaf before lunch time.

Bob loaded the dishwasher and started it. But he used the wrong dish soap.

He had a good time cleaning up this mess.



Lori gave me my mother's day present. I love it!!! It's a salad bowl on ice and relish tray on ice. They will be perfect for this summer's outside entertaining.

The gifts were wrapped so beautiful.


We made Mazidra for dinner tonight.


We all took a long walk together after dinner. It was a great day! The kids had a great time getting all muddy. The weather is perfect. We are hoping that Jack is feeling better tomorrow so he can join in on the fun time together.

8 comments:

Tina in CT said...

I think your supper looked good. Is it a fancy salad?

Oh that peach cobbler looked mighty good and I know how good Bob's bread is!!!!

I bet you all had a great day. Poor Jack. I hope the flu bug does not go through the family.

Liesel came scrapbooking tonight and the owner had her on the floor in the office. When she tried to take a piece of paper out of Liesel's mouth, he finger and Liesel's sharp tooth met and she got a puncture. I had warned her about Shark Mouth. Liesel finally tired out and I put her in her crate in their storeroom where all the paper is kept, told her night-night and she slept for the rest of the night until I was ready to go home. Next Friday I'll leave her home.

Shannon said...

I'm glad you made it safely. I bet the drive was quicker because Bob doesn't feel the need to stop at EVERY Crackerbarrel between NY and MI.

We had Maddy's B-day party last evening. Andy didn't make it home in time but we took pictures. Lisa offered her video camera and I thought about making him watch it in real time when he got home... We miss him too much already though.

Glad you are having fun.

Lori said...

I'm glad you guys are having fun with Anthony, he is a really happy baby.
Like I said this morning, all of you who have said to feed him cereal before bed and he will sleep through the night can eat their words, because he woke up 4 times last night!

He really does seem to like the food though. He does a good job eating too. I think it's because I waited til he was ready.

The cobbler and Mazidra were great, I love having you and Bob stay at my house because I get to keep all the leftovers.

MoscowMom said...

Oh, how I'd love some of that bread and some of those rolls.... and peach cobbler...!!!!

What is madizdra? Where's it from? Looks good.

MoscowMom said...

p.s. Your blog looks great! Did the same woman who did Rachael's do yours, too?

Rachael said...

Tamara,

I did my mom's blog make-over! (Yet, I paid someone else to do my own...go figure.)

Mazidra is a mediterranean salad. It is awesome. I'm going to post the recipe soon. Maybe this week.

Mom, the food was awesome! It was good to see you guys. I'm crossing my fingers you two don't get sick from my kids.

CATHY said...

The Mazidra looks yummy. Email me the recipe when you get a chance.
Glad you get to visit your girls. Tell them I said hello.
I sure miss Bob's cobblers. I still think he needs to open a cobbler shop.

Tina in CT said...

Cinnamon twists and peach cobbler won't get you winning the weight loss pool. Guess they'll not be on your diet now.