Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Bob!

To the man I love, just a note to say thank you for being my husband. . .

My yes when everything else is no. . .

My calm when everything else is crazy. . .

Thank you for being who you are . . . for being the kind of guy who can laugh at himself. . .

A guy who works hard . . . who still finds time for the people in his life.

Happy Birthday and I love you today . . . tomorrow . . . forever.



Six months old
First grade


Bob and his siblings . . .

Fred, Estelle, Sylvia, Darlene, and Bob (right to left)

Bob and his mom.

When Bob's mom's health was failing, he brought her home to live with us and those few months that we were privilege to have her in our home were a blessing. And, there was never a dull moment.



Bob has always enjoyed making a fashion statement.

He's just kidding. He was happy to marry me. He told me that he had always wanted girls. Guess what? He got them!!!


We've had the opportunity to do some traveling over the years. This is a picture of when we were in Korea. A student from Blue Mountain Academy paid my way to Korea so I could attend his wedding. Bob decided to tag along. I'm glad he did we had a wonderful time.


Bob has spent many vacation days helping the kids work on their houses and also help them move.

Little Ryan helping grandpa.
Grandpa and little Ryan with winter squash from the garden.

Bob is the absolute best pie maker!


Bob is right a home out in the outdoors. He enjoys camping and hiking. And he never gets lost in the woods, the city might be a different thing.

Preaching



Baptizing

Baby dedications

Weddings


Grandpa, Matthew, and little Ryan


Grandpa and Ben

Grandpa and Andrew

Grandpa's lap is never too small.


Grandpa, Kristen, and Pooxie (my little poodle)



Grandpa and the two oldest little grandsons. These grandsons are now 13 and 14 (they are 4 mos apart).


Grandpa and Madeline

One of our hiking trips in Washington


No matter how busy Bob is, he always finds time everyday to study his Bible and pray.


Bob has adjusted well to New York. I thought he would always be a California boy.

Wonderful husband, father, grandfather, pastor, farmer, baker, builder . . .

Happy Birthday!!!

Love,

Cecelia

6 comments:

Tina in CT said...

What a wonderful birthday tribute to your husband! Happy birthday to Bob!

Rachael said...

Mom...did you write that intro or get that from a card? ;)

Bob looks EXACTLY like himself in his first grade picture. That is too funny and cute.

Since it's too late to call...tell him happy birthday for us, and we'll call you tomorrow!

Natalie said...

Yup! It's true what she says! We like to refer to him as Mr. Know-it-all, Do-it-all and Fix-it-all! And it's true he always prayed for girls, now that he has 5, he reminds us to be careful what we pray for:) Glad your a part of our lives Bob. Right before my mom got married, when I was 13, she said to me..."if you really don't want me to marry Bob, I won't," I knew I would be out of the house soon, I wasn't concerned about me... but I can't imagine what I would have missed if I had said no!

Dore' said...

Wish him a very happy birthday from Bob and I.
He is a very special guy, as you both are, which makes for a magnificent pairing. :)

CATHY said...

Happy Birthday daddy.. wishing this all the way from Cali.

Love Sissy

Lori said...

I always feel bad that so many of our family get togethers always seem to include a to-do list for Bob. There are just so many things that he is good at doing and doesn't complain. Often times it isn't that we can't do it ourselves, it's just that Bob always does it so much better, faster, nicer, and NEVER complains or says no.
Bob is a great addition to our family, he is the calm that balances this crazy family.

And yes, I have to agree with Rach, the first grade picture is pretty much the way he looks now. There is no mistaking that is Bob.