Friday, May 23, 2008

Too Much Fun . . .

Yesterday Lisa called and asked if I could watch the girls because she had a meeting to go to and wasn't able to reach her sister, who usually watches the girls when she attends this particular meeting. I was delighted!! I met her half way to pick-up the girls. Since it would be late when she would be able to come and pick them up, she packed a bag so they could spend the night. The girls have been perfect and we have had so much fun. Hannah made a store on the dining room table and she uses the old electric calculator as a cash register. Gracie and Hannah are playing so nicely together. Last night we didn't get to bed until 10:30 p.m. We were having too much fun playing. The girls are so sweet and loving.


Gracie sitting on the porch steps.


Hannah ringing up purchases. Gracie is her assistant.

Hannah is holding up a price ticket that says that bear is only 15 cents!
Gracie got carried away with the ink pen and marked all over her face.

Hannah brushing the dolly's hair.


Gracie is trying to wrap the bear up like a baby.

I'm the luckiest grandma in the whole world to have seventeen perfect grandchildren!!!

Ryan, Lisa and the boys and Shannon and Madeline are coming up this evening to celebrate Bob's birthday. Hannah and Gracie are going to help me make a chocolate cake and fresh strawberry pie for grandpa's party.

2 comments:

Tina in CT said...

You're so lucky to have some of your grandchildren close by. I miss out on so much with mine in Moscow.

Are you giving Lisa and Shannon the explosion boxes when they come over?

Natalie said...

Those girls are the cutest things ever! I just love their little blue eyes and freckles. Seeing Grace reminds me of how cute and fun little Ryan was when they lived in CA. Matt's a cutie too. ALL my neices and nephews are, not one of them aren't unusually adorable, and I'm not even being biased!! ;)