Saturday, May 31, 2008

Feeling Guilty

Right now I'm sitting in an afternoon meeting that Bob has to present and the meeting will last for four hours. I didn't want to go with him, but I felt bad for him when we left for church this morning and told him I would go with him. While on our way to church, we noticed that we didn't have enough gas to go to the church, go to the meeting in Syracuse, and get back home without purchasing more gasoline (we don't buy or sell on the Sabbath if it can be avoided). So I was kinda pleased that we would have to go home after potluck and switch cars and then go to Syracuse. Yeah!! I would just stay home and take a nap and let Bob go. But, one of the deacons at the church said, "you can take our car". I told him not to be so generous, and then Bob told him that he thought I was going to stay home and take a nap. Well, I felt guilty when we got home and guess what? I came with him for the meeting, but I brought my laptop hoping to work on my sermon that I will be giving in two weeks in Rochester. My wireless internet works here, so I'm . . .

9 comments:

Shannon said...

Glad I decided to stay at home this weekend.

How did you get pulled into giving a sermon? Want me to go with you?

Shannon said...

Glad I decided to stay at home this weekend.

How did you get pulled into giving a sermon? Want me to go with you?

Tina in CT said...

Does Bob know you are blogging while he is leading the meeting?

Rachael said...

That's funny, Mom. Better quit blogging and get back to that sermon writing! :)

Lori said...

So which part are you feeling more guilty about? Not wanting to go to the meeting or blogging during the meeting?

A sermon huh? I'd like to hear that. You'll have to blog about that when it's all over. I have a terrible time talking in front of a group, I could never do that.

Natalie said...

...uhh...blogging on Sabbath? Is that acceptable? :)

Cecelia said...

No, Bob doesn't know I'm blogging. I don't think he'd be too happy. But, I'm being very quiet.

Shannon, this sweet lady called me and told me that their committee wanted her to ask me to speak for a women's Sabbath, and she asked me at one of my weak moments and now I have no idea how I'm going to do this. I'm not a preacher. I figure I'll just pretend the people in the congregation are all children and tell them a long story. Now I just have to figure out which story. And this is one of the big churches. What was I thinking? I'm going to have to have Bob take a look at it once I get it written.

Francie said...

I like the part where you tell the guy to not be so generous! I can't stop laughing! I'll have to use that sometime...

Julie said...

Wow, I didn't know we had a speaker in the "family". I'll have to keep you in mind for our womens retreats next year. Only about 700 ladies to speak in front of. You could maybe get Natalie up there to help you. Honestly, good luck. I have a hard time talking up front also. I know you will do a great job.