Monday, March 31, 2008

Through the Eyes of a Puppy . . .

Today was my first day to go to work. I wanted to stay home with Bob, but he was going to be running around all day and I couldn't go with him. So, he told my Nannie that I would have to go to work with her. Bob found a cage in the barn and cleaned it up just for me. Then he loaded it in the car and soon my Nannie and I were on our way to work. It was a very long drive and I got sleepy and took a little nap. Before my nap was over, my Nannie was taking me out of the car.

I tried to convince Bob that I could be a good girl if I got to stay home with him.

I was being very good and even gave Bob the big sad eye look. It didn't work.

This is where I ended up. In a cage in my Nannie's office. And I was not happy.

I started crying and making a lot of noise. And it worked!! She let me out of the cage.

As soon as I was out of that cage I started sniffing around to make sure everything smelled O.K. It actually smelled good. It was new carpet.
I promised my Nannie that I could be a very good girl. She believed me - for awhile that is.


My Nannie put my favorite blanket under her desk so I could lay down when I got tired of running around. But I found a roll of white stuff and had a grand time!!

I strung it all over the office. It was great fun.


This white roll of paper kept me busy for quite a long time.

Having more fun.

Still more fun!

After I played with that paper I found a lot of black cords under another desk and went to check them out. My Nannie took me out and told me I couldn't play with them and she redirected my play to another area. But, I wanted to find out why I couldn't play with those cords, so I tried to sneak over and take another look. My Nannie saw me and she put me in my bed and I had to take a nap. I was tired, so I didn't mind.

After my nap, several of the ladies in the office came to visit me and they played with me too.


I was having lots of fun.


I like playing tug-of-war.
Soon my Nannie picked me up and wrapped a blanket around me. It was time to go home. I had a really great time at work. I sure hope I get to go back tomorrow. I slept on the way home. As soon as my Nannie carried me into the house and put me down on the kitchen floor, I started running all around.

I tried to help my Nannie in the kitchen, but just wanted me to go play so she could fix supper.
I'm so tired from running around that I'm sleeping on my Nannie's lap. It sure is fun being a puppy.

9 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! What an adorable blog between the writing and pictures. I just love it.

I hope she was a good girl and didn't have any accidents on the new carpet!

What an addition this will be to her scrapbook!

Natalie said...

"Ohhhhhhhh" are my thoughts exactly. (Tina, you must have been sitting at the computer hitting the "refresh" button for awhile, because I just got off the phone with my mom; she said she just posted a blog and before I could get there, sure enough..."1 comment." :) I know I've checked several times for new pictures too! She's so adorable. I wonder what her name will be, she plays like a little kitty cat.

Tina in CT said...

Natalie, I must have just gone to your mom's blog at just the right time.

Yes, she's playing like a kitten.

I don't remember my Fritz being like that and I got him at 2 to 21/2 months.

Rachael said...

What a spoiled rotten little puppy.

Lori said...

What did your boss have to say about you bringing a puppy to work with you?

Tina, you are going to have one spoiled pup on your hands next week. I hope your up for the challenge. Are you planning on taking it to work with you? Or taking a little time off work to get her used to her new home?

CATHY said...

That puppy is just to cute. Makes me, almost, want another dog. Hmmmm....not.
I worked all night on trying to get my scanner, printer, copier hooked up to my new computer. I did manage to get it hooked up but everytime I scan a photo, it is just to small. What is the secret to getting the pics bigger????

Tina in CT said...

Lori,

I work in a large corporate environment (over 3,000 employees in my location) so bringing puppy to work is not an option. I will be running home each day at lunchtime to walk her and plan on crate training her. I will bring her to my Sat. job at the children's consignment shop though and to scrapping on Fri. nights. She's going to have a big letdown after her exciting week at your mom and dad's.

MoscowMom said...

Soooooooo precious!!!! Loved the pup's first effort at blogging!!!

CATHY said...

Hi Momma,

Teena went to Delaware to visit a friend she had in high school. This was her first time flying, she got a set of wings, and first time being away from her children. She had a great time but was glad to be back home and on the ground.
I am trying to get her to start blogging. She made one but can't remember the name. She is such a ding but I love her.