Thursday, March 27, 2008

Puppy Pictures Coming Soon

Last night on my way home from the church I noticed a cardboard sign stuck in a pile of snow and I thought it said dachshund puppies for sale. But, I couldn't read the number fast enough, so I went around the block and went real slow, but of course there appeared out of nowhere several cars behind me, so I only was able to see and remember the first three numbers, so around the block I went again. It definitely said dachshund puppies for sale. Now I just needed the number. Before I made the last turn around the block and headed down the "puppy street" I made sure there were no cars in sight so I could drive by real s-l-o-w. But once again cars appeared from nowhere, so as I approached the sign, I noticed a driveway and pulled in. The sign said to call or stop in. So I went up to the door to check out the puppies. They were so cute. There are three puppies left. Two girls and one boy. I fell in love with the little black one. I could tell that these puppies have been loved, kissed, and played with everyday of their short eight weeks of puppy life. They are so precious. They have the cutest little puppy legs and floppy ears. I could hardly wait to get home and call Tina. I looked and looked for her home telephone number, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Then I remembered I had written it on my map quest which I had thrown away at work after completing my expense report (I'll have to retrieve it from the trash). I tried her cell phone. No answer. So I decided I would e-mail her and wait for a response. After e-mailing back and forth several times and talking to the owners, I'm leaving work a little early today so I'll have time to stop and take a few pictures of the puppies and the momma and papa dogs. I'll post their pictures tonight after I get back from the church women's Bible study. After the Bible study we're putting together five baskets for the battered women's shelter. I can't wait to show the ladies all the "special" lotions, shampoos, and soaps that Tina gave to be put in the baskets too.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Are you getting one for yourself too? I can't wait to see the pictures.
Then you and Tina will have an excuse to get together again.

CATHY said...

Are you getting a puppy? Punkin and Lola are going to be upset if that puppy gets to stay in the house.
Glad you got your Easter stuff on sale. I think I will postpone mine next year so I get the deals. Great idea!!!

Rachael said...

Yes, aren't Daschaunds good house pets since they don't shed? Maybe you should each get one!

Did you check with Grandma Annie about her rumored puppies?

Tina in CT said...

Oh, I can't wait to see the pictures!

Lori, Diane and I were thinking right along the same line that you are about getting together.

Rachel, My two smooth doxies did not shed much at all and I don't like pet hair all over me (after growing up in a house with 2 dogs and 3 cats). I have allergies to dogs and cats but the smooth doxies do not bother me at all. I've been sleeping with one since 1987 when I bought my first one, Fritz, and surprised my ex-husband and Tamara when they got home.

Grandma Annie's dogs are not dachshunds but a mixed breed.

Doxies are very loving and want to be with you - on the couch and in bed too.

I bet the ladies at your bible study tonight will like the bag of fancy bath products that I donated for the cause. It's nice to have something special.

Natalie said...

I can't wait to see pictures of them. Baby weiner dogs are soo adorable! They are so low to the ground. That was thoughtful of Tina to have thought to bring stuff for your battered women's project. pictures...pictures...