Friday, March 28, 2008

Puppy's Firsts

Today I went and picked-up Tina's little puppy and took it to the vet to be checked-out. It's perfect!

First ride in a car. She did not like her blanket or her box. She much preferred riding on my lap, but her favorite place was laying her head on my shoulder. I wish I had a picture of her snuggling on my shoulder while I drove, but I couldn't figure out how to hold the puppy, drive, and take the picture. I think I can safely say that I'm her first nanny!

First visit to the veterinarian. First time weighed.
She weighed 3.1 pounds.

The doctor telling her how cute and sweet she is.


First time to have her eyes checked.



First time to have her teeth checked.

First time to have her ears checked.

First vaccinations too! I couldn't take a picture of that because I had to hold her while the doctor gave her the shot. She didn't even know what he had done. Not even a yep came out of her.


When I got home, Bob was outside collecting the sap, but he came right in to meet the new puppy. He was pretty happy to see her.


The puppy was soaking up all the attention.

Bob thought she might like to go outside and help him, but I didn't think that was a good idea. The puppy needed to take a nap. She had had a very busy morning.

Bob thought she could take a nap inside his coat, but I vetoed that idea too.

The puppy is sleeping right now, so I need to hurry and get a few things done around the house before she wakes up. This is so much fun.

9 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Thank you so much for all the blogging. You all will be part of her puppy album. I can't wait until next Sat.

Lori said...

You are too funny mom, I bet the vet was cracking up laughing.

I'm guessing you are going to be on Bob's case for a while to get one of your own now.

Tina in CT said...

It would be nice as the puppies could get together when we do.

The week is going to drag as I'll be so anxious to be in NY but then it'll fly by as I have so much to do to get ready.

I love all the pictures as I'm an avid scrapbooker.

Natalie said...

so are you going to KEEP Tina's new puppy? Because I see Bob standing by the door, but I could swear its on the inside!! Its so adorable, I have that urge to squeeze it. It reminds me of Myra. Remember Myra? And yeah, it does have Walters markings. I bet they would get along great. Your vet looks like a nice guy. Is that your church member?

Rachael said...

It does look really sweet and cute. I bet after a week you'll be itching for your own. Unless it pees in your house. Are you going to have it all potty trained for Tina too? It's so small, I bet you'll have to get up at night with it too. Fun times.

Tina in CT said...

I forgot to mention the appropriate animal print blanket in the box with the puppy. I'm amazed that you had the perfect flannel or fleece to put in her box. How was her first night home?

Natalie said...

Do you know what Tina is going to name her puppy? What have you been calling it? I wanna see more cute pics of the baby. Also, when is Tina going to start her own blog? We will need to see updates of the puppy.

Tina in CT said...

Natalie,

Go to my daughter's blog and vote on or submit a German name for the puppy. You can access it from Rachel's blog.

I don't have a digital camera so can't blog.

I think I might have to first meet the puppy to decide on a name. I am going to search German female dog name sites this week.

Isn't she just the cutest thing? I can't wait to drive up next Sat. with Diane for the weekend and see the puppy.

Your mom and Bob are real gems to puppysit all week!

Natalie said...

I want more pictures...(stomping my foot and raising my voice). How do you feel about the puppy now? is it still sweet and cute?