Saturday, March 15, 2008

Signs of Spring

Although there is still snow on the ground, we have signs of spring all around our property. This afternoon, Bob and the girls (Punkin and Lola) went for a walk. The girls enjoyed chasing rabbits and checking out the territory and Bob enjoyed taking a few pictures for me to write a blog about. I think he's getting into this blog thing. He sits in a chair next to mine and reads along with me when I'm checking the blogs and even suggests comments to leave, too (sometimes).


Wasp or hornet nest found out back.


It appears that something got into the hornet's nest and the hornets are no more!


Pussy Willow's just starting to open.

Daffodil's emerging from the ground.



Tulips poking their heads up.


Foxglove waking up from their winter nap.

Canneberry Belle's waking up too!

Bob has tomato plants growing in our windowsills. (every windowsill)

I finished making Gracie's dress this evening.

9 comments:

Rachael said...

I can tell that Bob had input into this post.

Grace's dress is adorable. I don't know why you can't click on your pictures to enlarge. I wanted to see your crochet edges up close.

Shannon said...

I sure hope you have time to make one for Hannah and Madeline too! That would be so sweet.

I can only imagine the window issue at your house this time of year. How long till they get outside?

Tina in CT said...

What an adorable dress for Gracie for Easter. You are a beautiful seamstress.

I have had daffodills coming up for about a month as the small clump is up against my concrete front steps and they get the protection. I haven't looked for snowdrops or crocus in my garden yet. Loved the pictures of the perennials popping up in your yard.

The empty nest would make a great show and tell at school for your grandchildren.

Natalie said...

what or who would get into a wasps nest?

Tina in CT said...

Did you hand crochet the edges? Wow!

Cecelia said...

Yes, I crocheted lace around the edges of the sleeves. Nothing too fancy, but I think it looks nice.

We think the birds got into the wasp/hornet nest and ate the wasps.

The windowsills will be home to the many planters until the end of May. He even has plants in the windowsills behind the grand piano. The only way to get to them is to crawl under the piano. He has two chairs behind it with a board on top with the prized tomatoe plants. He climbs under every day to water them.

Cecelia said...

Ryan and Lisa still have Molly. They just wanted her to have a friend. That's why they got Checotah.

Tina in CT said...

I'm impressed with the hand crocheted trim. How did you attach it to the cotton sleeve band?

I checked out the bed next to the house and see crocus, tulip and snowdrops poking through. Thanks for reminding me with your blog pictures.

Lori said...

I wish I had signs of spring popping up on my property. I guess the fact that we see grass is one. I need to plant some spring bulbs.

I think Bob should get a sign on name and leave comments. I bet he has some interesting things to say about all our blogs. Todd does the same thing, he reads over my shoulder and says his opinion but would never leave a comment. He says he'll just say it to us.

Gracie's dress turned out cute. Did you see Gracie took a liking to Grandma Annie when we were in OK, she was always sitting on her lap.