Sunday, March 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Derrick

Dear Derrick,

I can't believe how fast the years have gone bye. I'm so thankful that you have been a part of our family for over sixteen years. You have brought love, laughter, wisdom, and happiness to my life with thoughtfulness in all you do. But most of all, you have made all of Rachael's dreams come true. You've been the solid support I've needed so many times.

Hoping your birthday was everything you imagined and may it remind you of happy days with many more to follow.


Love,
Mom

Derrick and His favorite mother-in-law.

The first time Derrick came to meet the family Francie asked if he was going to marry her sister?

Dating picture.

Dating


Still dating

Handsome Groom

Wonderful Husband

Daddy and his little girl.

Daddy and Jack

Daddy and Ben

Daddy and Katya


Your gift is going to be late again.























7 comments:

Tina in CT said...

What a lovely birthday tribute to Derrick. I love seeing your pictures when the family was younger. Beautiful wedding couple. The last picture is a hoot and wonder where you ever found it.

Lori said...

I love all the pictures, I'm so glad you took and saved so many pictures over the years.

Happy Birthday Derrick! I remember the first time Derrick came to meet the family and he won us all over with chocolate covered gummie bears and gummie cokebottles. What can I say, we're easy to please.

Tina in CT said...

I've never seen gummies like you wrote about, Lori. I only am familiar with the little fruit ones. Guess my life is sheltered.

Rachael said...

Kristen likes the pictures too, but she says I look different, Daddy looks the same. Not sure if that is in my favor or not.

It was a nice tribute. I'll have to make sure Derrick sees it.

Tina in CT said...

Rachel: It's the changes in your hairstyle I bet.

Bonnie said...

Cecelia, that was such a special post for Derrick. You are a terrific mom to him--and the whole family. Derrick is very blessed to have you and Bob in his life. And you almost make me want to have a blog myself--almost! You chose some of my most favorite photos too! Bravo!

Natalie said...

Well, if it weren't for Todd, Andy and Adam and the fear of offending someone with favoritism Derrick, you would certainly still be the favorite son-in-law. You've certainly done your time...16 years is a long time!