Friday, March 14, 2008

A Quick Trip

Today Bob and I decided we would make a quick trip to Sauder's to buy bulk brown rice, millet, oats, and wheat. We had run out of these and Bob needed them for the next time he makes bread. While we were in the area, we ran over to see Ryan and Lisa and the children. I tried the dress on Grace that I'm making for her. It fits perfect. I just have to take a four inch hem. I think I'll cut two inches off first. The kids were also excited to show us their new dog, Checotah. It's a pure-bred German Shepherd, four months old, and very sweet. It's also very gentle. Ryan is hoping it will be as smart as Punkin.

Then on the way home we saw several indications that spring is just around the corner. The robins, red-winged black birds and the geese have returned.

When Bob pulled over to the side of the road so I could take a picture, the geese got scared and took off flying. Look close, there are snow geese too!

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Did you take pictures of the new puppy and of Grace in the dress...cause I know you had your camera with you!

CATHY said...

Why didn't you take some pics of the new puppy and Graces new dress?
I actually got do some garage saleing today. Had fun, was wishing you were here to join in.
Have a good Sabbath!

Cecelia said...

I did have my camera with me and I got so busy listening to all the stories and hugging the kids and playing with the new puppy, that I forgot all about taking pictures. What was I thinking?????

Francie said...

That picture looks so pretty! I'm glad you were able to go to Ryan and Lisa's. What did you make Gracie the dress for? Did you make one for Hannah too? What about me? You haven't made me a dress in a while...!
Just kidding, don't worry about it.

Oh, but have you done anything with that adorable red fabric I gave to you, yet???

Natalie said...

what happened to the other dog they had?