Sunday, March 23, 2008

I Am So Excited!

Tomorrow morning I leave on a business trip. No, that's not what I'm excited about. I'm excited because I'm going to be meeting a friend for dinner that I have met through blogging. It just so happens that my business trip is taking me within an hour of where she lives and so we are meeting for dinner. I've been busy today, getting everything ready to take. I don't want to forget anything. But, I don't know exactly what to take. So, I've packed and unpacked several times. We're both grandmothers and from our blogging and e-mails I think we have similar interests. We both keep ourselves very busy. We enjoy spoiling our grandchildren, traveling, scrap booking, and we love having a little friend with four legs and a tail to follow us around and curl-up beside us for a nap (only I can't have one until I retire). Tina and her friend Diane will both be meeting me for dinner and I can hardly wait. I don't think I have looked forward to Monday with such anticipation in a long time. I plan to leave early allowing plenty of time to stop and shop if I see something interesting. And, I want to allow extra time just in case I get lost. I know I have a GPS and I printed a map quest, but neither one are fool-proof for me.

I'll take my camera and my laptop and hopefully I can post about my trip tomorrow night, if it's not too late.

6 comments:

Rachael said...

You know what cracks me up most about this? You and Tina both gave Tamara and I such a hard time in the beginning about the blogging (is it safe, etc.) that Tamara and I joked about how much you guys would probably have in common. Now, here you guys have gone and become internet buddies and are meeting in real life. Too funny in an ironic sort of way.

Have fun tomorrow!

Lori said...

I guess I got my sense of direction or lack of from you. I have GPS and I still get lost.

Have fun meeting Tina, make sure you post a picture so we can put a face to Tina in CT.

I agree with Rachael, it is a pretty funny story how you two became to be friends.

Tina in CT said...

I'm on the phone with Diane and just checked your blog and let out an exclamation to Diane that you'd written about meeting us. I read the blog to her and Rachel's comment so am leaving one from us. We are also excited about tomorrow. Diane isn't working tomorrow but I am and hope that my day will fly by so I can meet up with Diane and be on our way. I am going through some pictures to bring to show you and told Diane to do the same (pictures of our families, houses and pets).

Tina in CT said...

Ohhh, I hate having my picture taken as it shows that I'm no longer a size 6. Size 6 is a distant memory.

CATHY said...

You have a fun time. I bet you are so excited about meeting your friends. I know how I would feel.
All I am feeling at the moment is itchy. A few weeks ago we went up to stay with Lawren while her mommy and daddy attend a memorial. I decided to take her next door to see the goats and I sat in some poison oak...it is all over my left buttocks and thigh...it is driving me crazy.
Maybe I already complained about this to you...if I did I am sorry, but as you can see, it is so annoying.
Have fun!!!!

Tina in CT said...

Too bad our wonderful evening had to come to an end. I'll write more tomorrow. Diane and I kept saying what a lovely lady you are and how talented you are with all that you do. Thank you for suggesting we meet when you were in MA on business.