Friday, March 21, 2008

Friday Madness

I have been working on Easter dresses for Gracie, Hannah, and Madeline. I finished Gracie's dress a week ago, and have been working on Hannah's all week. But, when Friday arrived, I still had to put the sleeves and facing in and do all the hand work. And, I hadn't even started cutting out Madeline's. Right after breakfast, I started working on the dresses. I had kinda decided that I would probably just give them their dresses next week when they come to visit. But, then I received a telephone call from Lisa telling me how excited the girls were that they were going to have new dresses to wear to church on Sabbath. I couldn't disappoint my little granddaughters. So all I did was work on the dresses until 1:30 when I had to leave for my hair appointment. As soon as I got back home I continued sewing and I'm happy to report that I finished all three dresses. I pressed them and hung them on hangers and Bob and I left for Ryan and Lisa's house around 7:00 p.m. The girls were so excited when they saw the dresses and they tried them on and they fit perfect! They twirled around and ran around in the house. Hannah told me she liked the dresses a lot! Especially because they were matching dresses. The smiles on their faces made all the work worthwhile. I told the boys, that I didn't have time to make their dresses. Maybe next year I'll have time to do theirs. They laughed and said, Oh, grrrandma!! They were pretty happy to watch their sisters and cousin having fun twirling in their new dresses. Then we put the girls pajamas on them and visited for a few minutes before we had to leave. Everyone was in the living room, except for Gracie. I asked Lisa if she had put Gracie to bed and she told me, no. No one knew where she was so we started looking. We found her in the bathroom having a great time playing in the water in the sink. Her pajamas were soaking wet, and the floor was standing in water and the basket of laundry was soaking wet too. What a mess. Bob and I thought it was funny to see what Gracie had done. Ryan and Lisa had a different reaction. We helped change her pajamas, Lisa mopped up the water in the bathroom, and Gracie was off and running chasing her kitty.
We couldn't seem to get a good picture of everyone at the same time so I'm posting several of the same picture session.

Gracie's all wet from playing in the water in the bathroom.

Before we changed Gracie's wet clothes, she wanted to give Checotah a hug.

Ryan and their two dogs, Molly (Golden Retriever) and Checotah (German Shepherd)

3 comments:

Natalie said...

those dresses are so cute on them, that was great that you got them done so fast. Ryans new dog is really cool looking!

Rachael said...

I can't believe you got all that done on Friday! Pretty impressive. They look cute. Hopefully, I'll get around to posting the pics of KK and little K's dresses soon. Kristen was less than impressed that I didn't finish her top (only the skirt) and she had to use something else on top cause I ran out of time. I guess I won't tell her you made 2 dresses (essentially) in ONE day.

Does this mean you didn't find any pics of us kids from Easter? Or are they still coming?

Tina in CT said...

I could NEVER had accomplished all of that in one day's worth of sewing. You are a wizzzzzzz! How did you have time to do all the hand crocheting? The girls look so adorable in the matching dresses. Will they all be at the same church service for everyone to see them together?

I bet Gracie had lots of fun with the water. It's amazing how something so simple (and free) intrigues little kids.

You had quite the productive day topped off with a fun evening on Friday.

Happy Easter!