Sunday, July 6, 2008

Updates

With camp meeting over and almost everything back in its place, I'm having the time of my life with Ryan, Lisa and the children living with us. There is never a dull moment and I don't come home from work to an empty house. On Friday Lisa and I went to pick strawberries and soon Ryan and the four kids arrived to help us finish. The strawberry stained faces of the children was priceless and several of the other brave souls that were picking commented on the cute faces. When we arrived home, Lisa and I began making jelly. Lisa made 24 jars and I made 8. We each froze ten quarts of strawberries, too!!



Friday evening, we had a birthday celebration for Gracie who's birthday was July 5. We had quite a guest list starting with the eight that are now living here and then we were joined by Lisa's mom and little brother Johnny, Lisa's sister, Caroline and her two children, and Shannon and Madeline. I had made homemade marshmallows Thursday evening for this event, and on Friday I made potato salad. We roasted corn and veggie hot dogs in the evening. And the kids loved roasting the marshmallows. Bob even had some and shared with me. Yum!!



Gracie's birthday cake was fresh strawberry shortcake with real whipped cream and she blew out the candles all by herself. Twice!!! It's hard to believe that she is two years old already.



At the home front we not only have increased in people, we have increased in the animal kingdom too. We now have a total of four dogs, two rabbits, five cats, two birds, and one extra visiting dog. Shannon and Madeline brought Cooper with them for the weekend. This morning, Cooper escaped so everyone was out looking for him. Ryan and I found him running about a half mile from the house. He doesn't hear too well, so he just kept running. Ryan stopped the truck and I got out and started running after him and was able to catch him and then Ryan carried him back to the truck and sat in the back with him while I drove his truck back home. I was pleasantly pleased that I can still drive stick-shift.

The extra help here at home is wonderful. The boys had the whole house cleaned when I got home from work on Thursday. They have also been helping grandpa in the garden and there are no weeds!!! It looks wonderful. Soon we'll be enjoying the produce and we are all anxious for that day!!! Little Ryan is working in the orchard today. He wants to surprise grandpa when he gets home tomorrow evening.

Rachael summed up her life in six words and of course it's great. Shannon asked me what my six words would be that summed up my life. So here are the six words that sum up my life. Rachael, Ryan, Shannon, Lori, Francie, Natalie.

It just doesn't get any better than that!! Until next time . . .

8 comments:

Shannon said...

Good Summery!

Thank you for finding Cooper for me this morning. It is so overwhelming for me when he gets off his leash. I might be different if he could at least hear. It sure good you guys did find him. Especially considering he is on that medication for his breathing problem. I'm not so sure whoever found him would want to take care of a chronically ill dog. Me and Madeline sure do love him.

Rachael said...

You didn't mention that you had a houseful for a party last night when we called! Of course, I didn't even get to talk to you because KK hogged the phone. :)

Good six, by the way!

Lori said...

Thanks for the update, I've been meaning to call you and see what you've been up to. I'm sure your loving the chaos in the house.
I like your six words too, now that everyone is doing it I feel the pressure to find my own six words. I'll keep thinking about it.

Natalie said...

I have to catch up tmorrow. been gone all weekend.

Tina in CT said...

Wow! What a crew you have there (two legged and four legged). I am sure you are loving it. All the extra help inside and out is very appreciated.

Hope all the animals are getting along. Where do you put them all?

Guess the bunnies did not have babies. Diane and Brent now have two sets of babies to find homes for.

Natalie said...

You need 7 so that you can say Bob too. Must be nice having all that company. I bet it's crazy with all those animals there. Lola and Punkin must be having a blast with the extra furry company. Hope Grace had a good birthday. Good thing you blog about birthdays, otherwise I wouldnt have known it was her birthday. Watch the mail for her gift. I put it in care of you, so there shouldn't be any problem with them delivering it, I would just ahte for the visiting dogs (I dont know their behavior) to tear it up.

Tina in CT said...

Homemade marshmellows? Never heard of that. You'll have to fill us in on the recipe.

Tina in CT said...

Since I don't have a blog, here is a Liesel update. She went to the vet today for a pre-surgery check-up as she's being spayed next Wed. She was 3.3 lbs the day that Cecelia picked her up and today she is 11.4 lbs. She is 70% of her size. Two puppies came into the vet's (a golden and a black lab) and she immediately went over to make friends and play.