Wednesday, July 30, 2008

They're Packing Their Bags . . .

My friends from California, Cathy and Dore, e-mailed me that it was time to plan our fall get-together. Last year when they were out to New York visiting me, we decided that it was so much fun getting together that we would try and do it every year. Just the girls. Both Cathy and Dore want to come back east and I'm very excited, because I wouldn't be able to go to California this year. But now we have a dilemma. We have lots of options, but none of us will make the decision as to where or what we should do. So, I'm asking for your help.

Here's the options:

1.) Meet in Pennsylvania and visit Lancaster County; covered bridges, Amish communities; and farmers markets and then take a day and go to New York City.

2.) Stay at my house and go to the 1,000 Islands; Alexandria Bay; take a boat tour; visit Boldt Castle; and go to Niagara Falls.

Of course shopping would be included in both option one or two.

I think this is going to be fun to have help making this decision.

11 comments:

Tina in CT said...

NY would be a lot less money since you would not need hotels the whole time. Have they been to the 1,000 lakes, Niagara Falls or NYC? Both trips would be lots of fun. What about VT or NH?

Francie said...

I think that if you get a chance, you should go to New York City!

Elle J said...

#1 would be my vote. Friend did a similar vacation and loved it!!!

CATHY said...

Why can't we do both #1&2??? Just kidding.
I have to agree with tina in ct. But, you know how intrigued/captivated I am with the Amish. Last year was so much fun. I still remember the little Amish kids getting off of the school bus.
I am game for either plan. Whatever is less work for you. We want you to vacation with us.

Mary Kathryn said...

If only Vegas were an option....food for thought....

kim said...

We took a trip to Lancaster County a couple of years ago... it was so much fun and very memorable. It sounds like it will be a lot of fun regardless of your decision.

Tina in CT said...

Diane just loves Amish country in PA and has been several times. Last summer she and her sister went and she brought back hats from the Amish general dry goods store - one for a little boy and one for a little girl - for her kitchen wall.

Rachael said...

Well, staying at your house would save money. But, they are much more likely to get put to "work" disguised as fun there! :)

Either one would be nice.

Rachael said...

If you go to New York City you should see something on Broadway.

CATHY said...

I like how gracious Rachel was with her comment regarding staying at your house. I have to agree with her...but you know Dore and I enjoy whatever we would get to do. I just don't clean toilets okay...lets get that out in the open now. :)

Teen : } said...

I wana come