Monday, February 4, 2008

What Shall I Have Bob Work On Next?

The house is finished on the inside. Bob completed everything on my list of things I would like to have done. Then I mentioned how nice it would be to have shelves in the basement so I could put my canning jars, both full and empty, in the basement instead of on the stairs off the dining room. He heard my request and the shelves are built and the jars on the staircase are moved.


Bob started the shelves this morning before we had to leave for the hospital.


Bob finished the shelves this evening.


The staircase off the dining room are all empty now except for a little dust. I'll have to mop them tomorrow evening when I get home from work.

I have a million things I would like to have done outside on the house, yard, and barns, but the weather isn't cooperating. I guess Bob will get to take a little time off.

5 comments:

Tina in CT said...

My goodness. My ex never got anywhere near the end of the list for what needed to be done on our house. You are a lucky lady.

Now that the stairs are empty, can you use them to go up to the second floor as a back stairway?

Come spring, Bob will be able to start on the barn, yard, etc. on your property.

Has he ever thought of doing Habitat for Humanity? My college roommate's husband is retired and loves his involvement with it and he was not a handy person but has learned a lot.

Lori said...

The shelves look nice, you can can more stuff this summer now that you have a place to put it all.

Adoption Blog said...

The shelves look great so does the cans ;-)

You have a special man there!!! If you don't have anything left for him to do, plllleeeeeeeaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeeeee send him to Luxembourg!!! My Darling husband has 2 left hands!!! He's an intellectual and a procrastinator... :-)

This man looks to me like a very special man.

Sas

Natalie said...

looks great!

Lori said...

Mom, I'm working on you a blog header, but it isn't done yet. I will email it to you when I'm done and see what you think about it before I put it on your blog.