Saturday, February 2, 2008

We All Need a Little Help Sometimes


Bob and I noticed Sabbath morning that the birds were flying to the feeders but not staying long enough to eat. As we watched, we saw how the birds would try to get seeds with their bills, but something was keeping them from eating. Bob put on his coat and boots and went outside to investigate. The holes to the openings on the bird feeders had frozen ice on them. Bob got a knife and cut the ice out of each hole. Once he came back into the house the birds were back at the feeders enjoying their breakfast.

6 comments:

Tina in CT said...

I bet your feathered friends were very appreciative. With the bitter cold and snow, they needed their breakfast at your feeders.

Your last two bedrooms look beautiful. Did Bob cut out the bricks to make the shallow closet for the games?

You have a lot of beautiful antiques and a lovely home. You and Bob sure have put a great deal of elbow grease into making it so.

Shannon said...

You guys have some of the neatest birds that vacation at your house in the winter! That was nice of Bob to de-ice for them.

Rachael said...

Who'd have thought.

Lori said...

We keep seeing lots of deer by the road lately in big groups, someone told me it's because they are looking for food. The snow makes it hard for them to eat too.

CATHY said...

I am so glad that you were able to fix the bird feeder. I have 3 hummingbirds visiting my feeder now. One of them hangs out in the tree and will stay purched there even when we walk outside. He is use to us now. He even chatters at me while I am out there.
We bought a feeder for Lawren, they have a hummingbird that is using it. She can say hummingbird, well, at least it sounds like it.

Natalie said...

I supose Punkin was supervising?