Monday, February 4, 2008

My Day at the Hospital

A couple months ago I went in for my yearly physical and my doctor thought I should have a colonoscopy. I argued with her and even showed my displeasure with her request with my sad looking eyes. It didn't work. So all day Sunday and this morning I stayed close to home in preparation for this procedure. Saturday evening was my last meal. After that I could only have clear liquids. Bob had to go with me to do the driving, so he took books and magazines to occupy his time. After getting the lovely hospital gown on and climbing into the bed, the nurse brought me a warm blanket. I wish I had a closet at home that I could open and take out a warm blanket. Maybe I could get Bob to make one for me. Then she had to start an I.V. which did not go well. She stuck me three times in three different locations before finally getting the needle in the right place.




Everything was fine and I don't have to go back for another one for ten years.

The nurse brought me a glass of cranberry juice, which I truly enjoyed.

10 comments:

Tina in CT said...

Good for you. I go whenever I'm told by my doctor to do it too. I hate the prep but it sure beats having a problem and finding out too late.

I have friends that don't go and have their heads in the sand.

Tina in CT said...

P.S. Heated cotton blankets are wonderful!!!! I grew up in a period colonial that had the old cast iron radiators. Nothing was better than getting out of a bath to hot flannel pajamas that had been on top of the radiator for 10 or 15 minutes.

CATHY said...

I am so proud of you for doing that. I still haven't had mine, and I work of a GI. Maybe this year I will do it. I was hoping to lose some more weight before I let my doc see me. I have to face him the next day, and the next etc.
You staircase looks great. How come Bubby won't do the list of things I have for him???? He is definately not like daddy.

Shannon said...

I CANNOT believe you had your camera! Good for you that you got it done. Was the prep worse the the procedure? Poor thing.

Rachael said...

How come I have to read your blog to find out you had a procedure? PICK UP A PHONE, WILL YA?!

Well, glad to hear it went okay. Did you finally get a mammogram too?

~ V ~ said...

I've read blogs about almost everything, but this is the first one I've seen about this! I can't believe you took your camera. Glad everything checked out okay.

Lori said...

I must have missed this post, but ditto what Shannon, Rachael and V said.
Anthony likes warm blankets too, we put the heating pad in his basinett to warm it up before he goes to sleep at night.

Natalie said...

wow, your quite brave, I'm guessing your feeling quite humble...

Adoption Blog said...

I am glat to hear you are healthy.

Sas

It won't be long said...

I notice you really have the comments with this entry. Well, I had a colonoscopy this last year. Wasn't that fun? I can't wait for the next 10 yrs. to fly by to repeat it! Woo hoo!!
Hey, thanks for praying for Luciana.
I feel I really went around the corner to get across the street to leave this comment. Is there a shortcut to leaving a message?
Thanks for checking my blog.
I'm glad things are working well for you in NY. Your pics of canning, bread, etc. are impressive. I can almost remember the day when I was once involved in such things.
You married off your baby. Wow. I have one to go, but he had better wait. He is 21 and still trying to figure things out. A good kid, tho'.
Take care. Helen