Thursday, May 21, 2009

We both made it through the night

The night went by rather quickly with not much sleep for either one of us. The room is so cold, I can hardly stand it. Mom is running a fever, but is able to answer questions correctly every hour. The doctor ordered a chest x-ray which they came and did around 5:00 a.m. Many of her I-V's have been removed which should make her more comfortable. She keeps asking when she can go home. Her nurse said she is doing pretty good. The nurses here are wonderful. They are so sweet to mom - treating her with love, respect, and care. The doctor will be in sometime this morning. I'll wait to go to Francie's (my cousin) house to clean up until after the doctor comes in. I don't want to miss him.

I slept (napped) in a semi-reclining chair with several blankets.

9 comments:

Natalie said...

AT LEAST SHE IS ALIVE. I JUST WISH SHE WAS COMFORTABLE.

Rachael said...

Poor Grandma. That breaks my heart. I wish I was there. I think I prefer Grandma ornery over pitiful. It sounds like she's a little better this morning though than when I talked to you last night. I'll be checking for updates, so be sure to post after the doctor arrives.

Lori said...

I'm so glad to hear she is more oriented this morning, even if she is sad and pitiful.
Mom go buy yourself something warm to wear in the hospital.
For sure blog and give us an update after you hear from the doctor.

Tina in CT said...

I'd be hot in Moscow and you'd still have your cardigan on so I know you must have been really uncomfortable with the room temp. Hopefully they brought you blankets.

How is your mother this morning?

Glad that the church members came to sit some with you and bring meals.

Francie said...

Keep updating us, Mom! We're all praying up here, too.

Francie said...

Keep updating us, Mom! We're all praying up here, too.

Bonnie said...

Cecelia, all of you are in my prayers. The fact that your mother can answer questions correctly gives me a lot of hope! And it's wonderful that you can be there with her.

Big Ryan said...

I'm glad to hear Grandma is feeling better!

Tina in CT said...

Hang in there as some of your girls will be arriving to be with you and Grandma Annie. Thinking of you all.