Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Update on Grandma Annie

This morning when I arrived at the hospital, my mom was still sleeping. She is still sleeping - talking to us when we ask questions, saying she justs wants to go home. She says she doesn't feel well. She had a fever last night. I spoke with the doctor this morning and asked for the surgery to be scheduled for today. He scheduled it for 3:15 p.m. today. My brother has agreed for her to have the surgery and says he will sign the papers this afternoon. It's so sad to see mom just laying there not wanting to talk or visit. I'll update throughout the day.

5 comments:

Tina in CT said...

My thoughts have been in Oklahoma City all day. Glad that your brother consented to the sugery. Keep us posted.

Rachael said...

Yes, PLEASE keep us posted. It is hard for us not to be there too, and we wish we were there with you, even if we couldn't really "do" anything.

Lori said...

Im so glad she is going to surgery finally. Hopefully it's not too late.
You better do a good job of keeping us all updated every 30 minutes.

Dore' said...

Sitting there in that hospital bed, she reminds me of my mom. How old is grandma Annie? I am praying for everyone there.. you and your family, grandma Annie, and all of her caregivers/surgeons. Like the song says, "God Will Take Care of You"
(((hugs)))

Cecelia said...

Grandma Annie is 78 years old.