Thursday, May 21, 2009

Doctor's Report

I fed mom breakfast this morning. She ate a little cream of wheat, drank some milk and a sip of orange juice before falling back to sleep.

The doctor came in to see her. He ordered another scan of the brain. The right side of her head is very swollen and there has been no drainage. She has lost some of her grip in her left hand which the doctor contributes to the bruising in the brain. He wasn't too encouraging as to her progress so far. He requested that he talk to Rachael and fortunately I was able to reach her on her cell phone. The doctor doesn't see her improving. I'm very worried about her.

The nurse just now took her temperature and it is down a little.

Natalie and Francie are leaving today to come to Oklahom City to be with grandma.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Mom I checked with the hospital and they said there are several hotels close by that give discounts for family of patients at the hospital. I reserved a room at the LaQuinta Inn for Sat and Sun for you guys. If you decide you don't need it, then I need to cancel it by 6pm Sat. But I just didn't know if Francie would be able and willing to accommodate all of you all. It's only 2 miles from the hospital and I'm paying for it so don't worry about the expense.
Actually now that I think about it, I should add Friday night too.

Lori said...

I called fairfield by Marriot and booked a room for Friday, sat and Sunday. They have a free deluxe cont. breakfast and free internet. They will also let the girls check in at 5am Friday morning for no extra charge.

Tina in CT said...

Lori,

You are so thoughtful. I'm sure taking care of the details for your mom, sisters and niece is so appreciated.

Tina

Tina in CT said...

I hope things improve for your mother. I'm so glad that you are there and that your girls will soon be with you.