Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I'm in Oklahoma City

Grandma Annie
My mom and me.

Grandma Annie and Francie (my cousin)


Monday around 5:15 p.m. I received a call from my cousin telling me that my mom had been in a car accident and was in the intensive care unit with bleeding on her brain. Soon after arriving at home, Rachael and Lori had made arrangements for me to fly to OKC. I left at 1:30 a.m. to drive to the airport and catch my flight. I had a connecting flight in Chicago. I arrived in OKC around 9:30 a.m. I'm now at the hospital with my mom. She's pretty spunky but her injuries are quite serious and she is scheduled for surgery today at 2:30 p.m. Rachael has spoken with the neurologist so I'm thankful for that.

12 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm sure glad I made the trip last night to deliver your laptop. Now we can all get updates.
I'm glad to hear you made it safely and that Grandma Annie is as spunky as always. Please keep us informed as to how the surgery goes.

Cecelia said...

She didn't want to have the surgery today - hopefully she will agree to have it tomorrow.

Shannon said...

WHAT????? Did the Dr give her a choice? Is someone even able to make a decision like that when their brain is swollen and full of blood.

Francie said...

So, what'd the second cat scan show? Is it looking better?

Lori said...

I hope she is stable during the night, and willing to have the surgery tomorrow. She is scared and stubborn and that doesn't help matters.

Cecelia said...

There wasn't much change in the cat scan from yesterday to today.

Rachael said...

Give Grandma Annie a hug and a kiss for me. And, tell her if I have to come down there and sit on her and pinch her to get her to see reason I will! And call me tomorrow after you talk to the neurosurgeon. I'm off work tomorrow so I'll be around. Call my cell.

Rachael said...

P.S. and just so you know, if you ever get old and ornery I will pinch you and sit on you too.

Tina in CT said...

You must be exhausted after having no sleep last night. I am sure that you and your mother are glad to be together. Hope she sees reason and has the surgery on Wed.

Lori said...

I'll be praying for Grandma Annie, I hope that tomorrow is a good day and she agrees to the surgery.
Tell her we love her and want her to get well so we can come see her this July.

Dore' said...

Oh! You and your mom are in my thoughts and prayers. (((Hugs)))

Julie said...

We will keep your family in prayer. Hope today will be a good day for you all and surgery, if it happens, will be a success. God Bless.