Saturday, May 23, 2009

Saturday Morning Update

The doctor came in Friday night around 10:00 p.m. I had just left. The doctor had already been in to see her this morning when I arrived around 7:30 a.m. He said she wasn't doing well and had ordered another CT scan. She has just gotten back to her room from the scan. She wouldn't eat any breakfast this morning and is being very ornery telling me that she wants to be in a real hospital and then she told me that she wanted Donnie not me - to call Donnie and tell him to get here NOW! She told the nurses this morning that she wanted a nurse and when they told her they were her nurses, she told them she wanted real nurses not them. She is very demanding telling the nurse that she wants a blanket - lots of them. The doctor did say that her waving her hand around and kicking her feet and telling everyone what to do is a good thing. Better than her just laying in bed doing nothing. She doesn't look good and tells me that she hurts all over. I did mention to the doctor that I was from New York and was planning on going home Sunday night - he said I shouldn't leave for a few days. He doesn't see her improving. The doctor said he would get back with me as soon as he sees the CT scan.

Once again, I can't get on the internet in her room, so I have to go to the waiting room to update. Francie, Natalie, and Kristen are up here now, so I feel I can leave the room to do updates. I'll update again when I have any new news.



I'll wait to make a decision as to when I leave until Sunday evening.

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

You are in our prayers, Cecelia. I hope being ornery is a good sign!

Lori said...

I think I should try to come down there, please let us know as soon as the doctor updates you on the CT results.
It is encouraging that she is being so ornery, hopefully it gives every one a reason to laugh once in a while.

Shannon said...

I want to come out there too. Please update us so I know if it is something I should plan on.

Anonymous said...

Still praying for Grandma Annie, bless her heart.

~ PattiLynn

Tina in CT said...

Boy, is she feisty! I just left Natalia a comment after reading about your mother's pinching the nurse's upper arm flab. This feisty DNA is probably is what is pulling her through.

Diane called me tonight and wanted me to let you know that she's thinking of you and praying for your mother.

She and Brent are going to Old Sturbridge Village tomorrow.

If you fly home tomorrow, I hope you have a safe trip.