Sunday, October 28, 2007

Pictures Taken No Time To Blog

Just because I haven't been blogging, doesn't mean that I haven't had anything to blog about. Fact is, I've been taking pictures for my blog, I just haven't had time to blog. So, to catch up all my devoted readers on my life, I'll do the abbreviated version.

We had work day at work last week. We started our day with breakfast that my friend and co-worker, Donna, prepared. She was the home economics teacher at the academy that I worked at many years ago. She has wonderful recipes. For breakfast she made homemade granola, fresh sectioned orange and grapefruit salad, homemade cinnamon rolls with maple icing, lemon poppy seed muffins with lemon glaze, buttermilk waffles and oatmeal waffles with grape/blueberry topping (she thickened grape juice, homemade of course, and added fresh blueberries) and we had a variety of juices and milk.


Donna preparing our breakfast!

I'm delighted to be the first to go through line.


There was enough food for everyone!

After breakfast we had to get busy working. We cleaned out cabinets, file cabinets, and rooms.

My boss got his black pants covered in saw dust so he used the vacuum to get it off.


Some even finished painting the door jams in the hallways. We filled two dumpsters and have enough left to refill them again as soon as they have been emptied.

After we finished cleaning we all went out to eat at King David's a Middle East Restaurant. The food was just o.k. for me. But I think everyone else liked it a lot.

When I got home, Bob and I went over to visit an elderly church member (she is 96 years old). While we were visiting we got word that one of of church members had been in a serious accident and was on the way to the hospital in Syracuse. He had been airing up the tire on his wheel barrel when it exploded. We headed for Syracuse. When we arrived he was being treated in the emergency room and we were ushered to a family waiting area where we met his wife. She was handling the situation quite well, but was thankful that we had come. We stayed with her for a couple of hours. They wouldn't let her see her husband until they could stabilize him. She wanted to have him anointed, so Bob called the head elder and he came to the hospital. The doctors allowed Bob and the elder to go into the room and do the anointing. He was in an induced coma. Before we left they allowed his wife to go in and see him. I went with her to give her support. He seemed to be resting peacefully. His jaw was shattered, his hands required many stitches and there were broken bones. He was taken into surgery the next morning. He is now recovering in Intensive Care but he is expected to make a good recovery. Our prayers have been with this sweet, sweet couple. They have had us over to their home for dinner many, many times over the years and had invited us again, which has been postponed this month.

The very next morning we received a call that this dear sweet lady that we had just visited, had passed away. We were asked to prepare a dinner for the family on Friday evening. I made Mazidra for them and carob rice crispy treats (most of the family is vegan).

I welcomed the start of the Sabbath on Friday evening. Bob and I relaxed in front of the fireplace and enjoyed reading. Something we don't do together very often. It seems that he is gone from home in the evenings, and I'm gone from home during the days. We enjoyed our evening together very much.

Bob's goal is to read his Bible through every year.


This fireplace mantle was an anniversary gift to me from Bob when we lived in California. Just before we moved to New York, we were in the process of building a new home and I had seen this fireplace in an antique store and mentioned to him that I would sure like to have it in my new home. He later went back and bought it and put it in our storage unit with the rest of our stuff and surprised me on our anniversary by taking me to the storage unit and showing me this beautiful gift. We never completed our new home in California before we accepted the call to New York. We shipped the fireplace along with our furniture to New York. It looks perfect in my old farm house that was built in 1881.

Sabbath proved to be another busy day. We went to two churches afterwards Bob went to Syracuse to do a presentation on visitation for the members in the area. I went to a friends wedding. That evening, friends of ours came over to visit. We had a great time together thinking up outreach programs the church could do to reach the community.

Sunday was a busy day with laundry, cleaning, and cooking to do. We attended the funeral of the lady that passed away earlier in the week. Sunday evening, Ryan, Lisa, and the kids came over for dinner. We had invited them to come over to celebrate his birthday (two days early). We had curry vegetables, sweet rice with mangoes, cake with fresh peach topping, and homemade maple/walnut ice cream. Matthew brought homemade donuts that he had made earlier at home. They were really good!!


Eating dinner together.


Gracie's favorite part of the meal was the mangoes!!


After supper, Lisa, Matt, Gracie, Hannah, and I went upstairs to play and read blogs. Grandpa, Ryan, and Little Ryan went outside to work on Genie, again! Gracie and Hannah wanted to play hide-n-seek and grandma found them under the bed!! I won't have to use the dust mop under these beds. I had so much fun letting the girls hide and then trying to find them. Little Gracie would just squeal with joy when I would find her.
Matthew set up my new scanner and now I'm going to be busy going through pictures so I can do a Happy Birthday blog for Ryan whose birthday is October 30.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

I wondered what you'd been up to that you hadn't blogged in awhile. You haven't commented either. The food all sounds so good. Why is it that reading your blog always makes me hungry?

I'm curious to see what you'll come up with for Ryan's birthday post. Put up the picture of him and I together by the old piano at our house just before we moved to Kent Drive if you can find it. (Where I'm wearing the plaid skirt and the black patent mary jane shoes). I love that picture and if you post it, I can copy it! :)

Lori said...

I'm with Rachael on the feeling hungry while reading your blog. But then again I'm always hungry these days.
Sounds like you have been really busy. I bet you and Bob are glad you made it out to visit the old lady before she died. It's always sad when someone dies, but to make it to 96 and still be living at home is more than most could ask for. Especially when you talk about the poor guy whose wheel barrel wheel exploded. I've never heard of that happening, and I'm surprised it caused such critical injuries, but I'm glad prayers were answered and he's going to be okay.
I'm looking forward to seeing your post about Ryan too, does he know you do that? Maybe he can check it from work.