Monday, October 15, 2007

Lost No More

Directions has never been one of my talents. Saturday evening I had to make my way back to the motel by myself from a new location. Bob told me to take a right at the end of the parking lot and then take a left on 33 to 590 N to 390 E and so on. Eveything went well until the 390 sign was 390 N or 390 S. I had to make a split second decision, so I took 390 N. Thirty minutes later, I realized I should have taken 390 S. This is just one "lost" story of many from the past two weeks in Rochester.

Since the direction part of my brain does not function properly, Bob thought it would be a good idea for me to buy a GPS so when I took a wrong turn, it would let me know and re-route me.
So I bought one!! Now all I have to do is figure out how to make it work! Once this is accomplished, I'll never be lost again!!

3 comments:

Lori said...

GPS is nice, but it's not 100% fool proof. I still manage to get lost even with a GPS.

When Rach and I rented a car in Dallas we had a "never lost" GPS system in the rental car, and we still managed to get lost a few times. But don't be discouraged, it does help minimize the frequency of getting lost.

Rachael said...

Yeah, we had a few laughs about the "never lost" system. We did in fact get lost.

Still, I'm jealous. I want a GPS.

Shannon said...

Or, you could be like me, and just take the long route everywhere.

Good luck with the new GPS. try not to get it stuck in Korean or something. AHN YAUNG HA SAE OH? lol
LEFT? or is that...