Thursday, October 18, 2007

"Genie" and a Tea Party

This is "Genie". Genie has been very helpful is restoring our old house. Ryan had borrowed it this past summer to paint the outside of his two story house. As you know from a previous blog, Bob tried to bring Genie home, but he couldn't get her started. So Ryan brought her home later. Well, yesterday Bob was using Genie so he could clean out the chimney, which he accomplished. Then he wanted to move on over to the barn and start working on that roof that collapsed last winter due to the heavy snow we received. Genie didn't make it over to the barn before the engine died. Bob couldn't get it started again so he decided to take a look at the wiring to see if he could rewire it and make it work. Over a year ago, Bob lost the key to Genie so starting it has been by putting wires together. So he gave Ryan a call and asked him if he could come out after work and take a look at the wiring problem. Then he went to his small (very small)home office to do some studying. And while moving his piles of papers, books, mail, etc, he found the lost key!! But the key won't work until the wiring is fixed.



Soon after I arrived home from work, Ryan and the children arrived. Hannah and Gracie helped me fix supper while the boys and Ryan went to check on Genie. Bob had already left for prayer meeting at the Roosevelt Church. Supper was really good. We made spaghetti with homemade sauce, green beans, corn, toasted garlic bread sticks, pumpkin soup, and grape juice. Gracie really liked the pumpkin soup. She ate two little cups of it.



Then it was back out to work on Genie for the guys. Grandma and the girls went upstairs to play. Hannah loves to play tea party so she set the play table with extra chairs and invited extra dolly's to attend.

It was so much fun watching Hannah play with the dolly's and serve them tea with sugar. Gracie enjoyed playing with the Beanie babies. And I had a wonderful time watching the girls and listening to their sweet little voices. It was another extra special day for me.



3 comments:

Shannon said...

There is no better place then at grandma's house. The kids all love you and grandpa Bob so much.

How lucky are you to get two visits in one week?!

Lori said...

I know I asked what a Genie was the other day after you mentioned it in your post, but I thought I'd already figured out the answer today. That is until I read todays post.
I thought a Genie was a garage door opener. We are in the process of building a garage and my job today was to pick out the doors, and part of that meant what type of garage door opener I wanted. That's when I learned what a Genie is.
I guess there are more than one kind of Genie's, I was just a little off.
I bet the girls are so cute now, you'll have to put some close ups of them on your blog, I'd love to see how much they've grown over the summer.

Rachael said...

Hmmm. You learn something every day.